Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeRich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [AT&T] think i bricked my SGN2

im new to the android community. i rooted my note 2 i317 using the exynos exploit because it looked easy enough. well everything was fine until i tried to change my font. after a reboot its stuck on the Samsung screen. i have wiped it but still wont leave the screen. i dont have a clue what to do. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: think i bricked my SGN2

Can you boot into recovery? If so you can flash the backup I hope you made before you rooted.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

After the rom is installed and you reboot. It may take several minutes to boot the first time. This is normal. However as long as you have a custom recovery or have odin installed you can ALWAYS reinstall the rom or go back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    After the rom is installed and you reboot. It may take several minutes to boot the first time. This is normal. However as long as you have a custom recovery or have odin installed you can ALWAYS reinstall the rom or go back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk
    When I installed Jelly Bean on my OG Galaxy Tab 10.1 it took 45 minutes to boot into Android. No joke. I set the thing on a table after I got bored of staring at it. Came back awhile later and it was fine. But yeah hopefully you can get it into recovery or Odin and fix it.

Did you fix it? Because I installed System Tuner Pro on my N2 and messed with the CPU (I never did this setting on my Skyrocket), and it's stuck on the Samsung screen now *facepalm*.

Edit: Okay, I did a battery pull and quickly (I mean, very quickly) got my phone into Download mode so I could fix it with Odin. Good to go
    Johnly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    Can you boot into recovery? If so you can flash the backup I hope you made before you rooted.
    I'm curious in a pre-root state, what would you back up and how?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

He said he was rooted and it was running fine. I usually make a backup after a successful root/rom in case I do something screwing around.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

For other people who have this issue, you can also use adb to push a rom to your phone and install it from recovery. Adb is a super useful thing to know. I recommend everyone reads on how to utilize this tool, and keeps a reference, if needed, around. If you can get a boot animation, there's usually a way to save it (not always).