[AT&T] Galaxy Note 2 baseband unknown

fahad45

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I was flashing roms using odin, unfortunately I didnt back up my data but thats not the issue. After flashing im unable to use my cell service. When I try to connect to a mobile network it keeps on searching but comes with no results. In the settings menu im getting baseband version unknown. Please help me ive tried to flash modems.bin still with no success. My note 2 is i317m.
Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was flashing roms using odin, unfortunately I didnt back up my data but thats not the issue. After flashing im unable to use my cell service. When I try to connect to a mobile network it keeps on searching but comes with no results. In the settings menu im getting baseband version unknown. Please help me ive tried to flash modems.bin still with no success. My note 2 is i317m.
Thanks
Did you try to flash a rom for a different phone?
You probably fried your sim card somehow. try going to your carrier and getting a new one. Dont tell them you were flashing a rom Or ask for a prepaid sim

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No im using my sim with my blackberry for now, I just need somehow to install baseband on this phone.
I found this if you need more help on doing this let me know
odin - Download HERE

att i317 stock rom Download HERE

if you need to flash the stock rom, just use odin. First extract the file, and then put them in the right window

pit = pit; bootloader = bootloader; pda = code; phone = modem; csc = csc.

Then (power + volume low + home), volume up, and connect your phone to your pc. (by the way you have to install the usb driver for the phone,

Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I317 | Samsung Cell Phones . That's it!!! Enjoy

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

After flashing the rom you provided using odin I get a fail during the process. The error message is cant open serial com port.

Reboot your computer. Try a different usb port. Preferably in the back of the computer.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

fahad45

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have uninstalled Kies and restarted my computer, tried plugging in different ports used different cables still persisting the same issues.

fahad45

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Same error without the bootloader being used. After i press start it takes around 5-7 mins to get the error. It gets stuck after setup connection,,

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you only need the radio for att you can get it from xda. They have all those mods in one section in the att android development section. If you need for a different carrier just choose that carrier.

Sent via Tapatalk