[Q] Stock 4.1.2 or CyanogenMod 10.1?

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi..

Maybe this question has been already said but I didn't find it :p

So what all of you think.. To have the stock 4.1.2 (or omega rom) or having CyanogenMod 10.1 which gives you 4.2.1

Note that I'm not caring a lot about some S Pen features..

So which one you think it's better to have??

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
4.2.1 is not much different then what we already have and most people here bought the phone for the pen an large screen. If CM10.1 causes a key feature to not work ( s pen )it most likely will not be tried.

Personally I have tried cleanrom and jedi x. I prefer cleanrom.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So I just looked up 4.2.1 and is actually substantially different. However I would still miss my pen so its not for me.

Sent via Tapatalk

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What differences were most notable between the Jedi X and CleanRom?
4.2.1 is not much different then what we already have and most people here bought the phone for the pen an large screen. If CM10.1 causes a key feature to not work ( s pen )it most likely will not be tried.

Personally I have tried cleanrom and jedi x. I prefer cleanrom.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just dont like not having a choice. When I installed jedix it had a custom launcher and didnt give me much choice during the rom install. Cleanrom is all about choice. Scott the rom maker did an excellent job in his setup.

My advice to you is to find the roms you are interested and then watch a youtube video about it.

Xda is your friend. You do not need to be a member to download roms but thst website has all the developers under one roof. Just find the forum for your carrier and then under the section for android development you find the roms. Each rom will have its own forum post.

More advice. Use tapatalk. That way you can have all your forums in the same place on your phone

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Omega ROM v11

There is a play store app I think called omega files download it and you will know everything about the rom and how to download it

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
If I can solve one issue in CyanogenMod, I would stay using it.. The issue that Directorybind doesn't work properly and I checked everything but no luck.. Directorybind is very important to me since my note 2 is only 16 GB version and 5.3 GB gets used for the system and all those things so I only get 10.7 of space.. So to make use of my extSD 30 GB I needed directory bind but it's not working on CyanogenMod

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
4.2 changes the camera (photo sphere)... what else is there? I've already installed that on my 4.1.2

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463