T-Mobile update, how do I avoid installing it?

sonicxtasy

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on T Mobile.I recently rooted it with a modified version of the stock rom.I can't remember where I found it but it keeps all of the normal ApS of a stock rom but added the route so that I could use the wifi tether.I recently installed the T Mobile update that is supposed to fix the CPU vulnerability and when I did it ruined my root and my wifi tether. I re installed the ROM and reinstalled the wifi tether and everything is working again but T-Mobile is trying to push the update on me again.I was able to postpone it for a few days but now it's sitting there on my icon tray waiting to be installed. Is there a way that I can delete the update or is there another update I can take that will not ruin my root? Thank.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on T Mobile.I recently rooted it with a modified version of the stock rom.I can't remember where I found it but it keeps all of the normal ApS of a stock rom but added the route so that I could use the wifi tether.I recently installed the T Mobile update that is supposed to fix the CPU vulnerability and when I did it ruined my root and my wifi tether. I re installed the ROM and reinstalled the wifi tether and everything is working again but T-Mobile is trying to push the update on me again.I was able to postpone it for a few days but now it's sitting there on my icon tray waiting to be installed. Is there a way that I can delete the update or is there another update I can take that will not ruin my root? Thank.

Sounds like a dirty flash. Once you clear the system, davlik and cache, then install the custom rom, that shouldn't happen. But if you don't do all those things and just flash, you can get anything.

But you can't mix the carrier and custom roms. You have to wait for the developer to com out with either a patch, rom or kernel to address the issue.

It's a good thing and your lucky, as it could "even remotely" have bricked it!

How this helps some.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thats weird. Im rooted and rommed and I have never once been pushed and update. I am on att though and have read they wont push the update if you are rooted.

Sent via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It is very weird indeed. And you know I'm rooted also. My experience and understanding is like yours, that the providers updater is broken? I haven't had one push to mine (even when trying for experiment) in any of the circumstances I had installed a custom.

That is what made me think of a bad flash. My hypotheses is some files replaced correctly, but this directory/file, etc did not? Therefore, it would show up? Is a very strange scenario indeed though.

But maybe I am lost in that I was thinking the op installed (such as when kies has it and you go to the site and save it) after downloading it?

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech