Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Latest Stock Unroot? Help a brotha out.

There are several threads on XDA regarding stock unroot ROMs however it seems like a lot of these guys add their own little tweaks to everything. I just want a vanilla rom to flash that is the latest OFFICIAL firmware/software. I'm on Jellybomb now, it's cool but has some bugs... I just want to go back to stock unroot. Can someone link me up?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Latest Stock Unroot? Help a brotha out.

On one condition...you tell me what carrier your on so I can begin to help you

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

There may nit be a latest version available yet. I know there is a 4.1.1 version on xda. Its under the mods section for android development

Sent via Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    On one condition...you tell me what carrier your on so I can begin to help you

Sent via Tapatalk
    Ha, Sprint

Go look up qbking77 on YouTube. He'll show you how to unroot and it's very easy. I have Sprint too

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Just watch the unroot video. There'll be a couple things you'll need to download the stock tar for Sprint and Odin and the pc drivers if you don't have them. Hope this helps

Here's a link to the downloads you'll need. http://www.qbking77.com/how-to-unroo...-to-stock.html

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by charles-89 View Post
    Here's a link to the downloads you'll need. Unroot / Unbrick the Samsung Galaxy Note II to Stock ← QbKing77
    I still want root though. I'm familiar with the unroot process and have purchased the all-in-one root software. Are you saying, unroot, update, then root?

You can unroot update and then just root if you still want stock Rom you'll just need to look up his video on how to root on YouTube and there's a link to download the tool kit which you'll then be able to root and I even install a custom recovery of you want

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by charles-89 View Post
    You can unroot update and then just root if you still want stock Rom you'll just need to look up his video on how to root on YouTube and there's a link to download the tool kit which you'll then be able to root and I even install a custom recovery of you want

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums.
    Right, there is this link to get the MA5 radio and stock unroot on the phone, but it seems kind of lengthy.
    [LINK][ODIN[TAR]SPH-L900 MA5 OC Stock Rooted/Unrooted - xda-developers

It would be easier just to unroot, update, root, then remove whatever I want with Titanium.

It's s

It's easy if you go watch the video by qbking77 I unrooted mine when I had to take my phone back to Sprint too get a replacement and it took less than 10 min

Here's the link to the video.

And the one for the root video too.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Purchased root software? You must have gotten ripped off cuz root is free. So you want to flash a different rom that is as close to stock as possible or you want a stock firmware thst includ3s root pre done?

Cleanrom will give you as close to stock as possible and will have all the bloatware removed. If you want stock with root then just flash the stock firmware and call it done.

Sent via Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I know how to root guys, done it several times so I'm used to that whole thing... I guess my question here is really regarding updating to the latest MA5 firmware "SPH-L900_MA5_853599_Rooted_Restore.tar" but by using Odin as a means of updating it?
    [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA5 (MA5 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Can I (as a current JellyBomb user) simply launch Odin and have it pull the rooted MA5 Restore .tar file and update to the leaked MA5 by using the same instructions as if I wanted to flash a stock rom?

I believe you can choose which tar you want to put on your phone when your unrooting and you go into Odin. Just follow the step by step instructions for the video I told you about and you should be able to load the update once you get to the Odin step.