Stuck, trying to unroot (AT&T)

parkor

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
so i rooted my phone yesterday, i had TWRP recovery. I installed omega rom, and now i want to root. I no longer have TWRP (I don't know how), i have something called CWM-based recovery by xiaolu. Im trying to unroot, but everytime i flash the stock firmware onto the phone with odin, the rom is still installed. HELP??

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont know how you guys cant seem to follow directions...Go download goomanager from the play store. Goo manager can reinstall the open recovery script for you. Once recovery is installed, download the rom you want to install into a folder on the phone itself not the memory card if you have one. Now go into goomanager and select flash rom. Tell it what folder the rom is in and then select "order & flash selected" Your device will now reboot into recovery and flash the desired rom.

If you want to completely unroot then flash the stock rom..in order to remove all traces of the root you need an app called triangle away. Read the instruction for using that program as it can harm your phone if you dont follow the instructions. Once you are done with that go in SUPERSU app if still installed and choose the option to completely unroot.

Why do you want to unroot btw? I have been happily rooted for 3 months and love it. Maybe you just installed a rom that wasnt for you. I, and many others, on this site stand by Cleanrom. Current versions for that are ACE 4.5 and ATT SE 1.2. I suggest sticking with those.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so i rooted my phone yesterday, i had TWRP recovery. I installed omega rom, and now i want to root. I no longer have TWRP (I don't know how), i have something called CWM-based recovery by xiaolu. Im trying to unroot, but everytime i flash the stock firmware onto the phone with odin, the rom is still installed. HELP??
Sounds like you flashed a Rom not meant for your version of Galaxy Note 2. What file are you trying to use with odin to flash back to stock?

rkeene83

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the advice here, I accidently installed the wrong root for what I am trying to do and needed this. Do you have a link to download the stock ROMs for an AT&T Note 2?

Much appreciated!

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36