- 2 Posts
can samsung galaxy note 2 working properly without a sim card
hi, newbie here,
i have a question about the Samsung galaxy note 2, i am thinking to buy a unlocked note2 and plan to use it as tablet since i have cell phone already.
i have a lte 4G hotspot in my car, i am wondering, if there is no sim card, can still use note2 by wifi connection? i mean, like the GLONASS GPS system still working properly? further more, i plan to use sip VOIP to make and receive international long distance calls, will that be a problem?
any potential problem if i use note 2 via a LTE 4G hotspot wifi connection?
thanks! and wish you guys have a great weekend!
- 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM #2
- 03-03-2013, 09:59 AM #3
Re: can samsung galaxy note 2 working properly without a sim card
And the only way that your GPS is going to function correctly is if you have data running. Because the maps uses data to load. But if you go into Google maps while connected to a Wi-Fi connection, then you're able to download the map area so you can use it offline. It's in the setting menu of the maps.
Just my 2¢
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
- 03-05-2013, 02:02 AM #4
- By Slff in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
- By babawushika in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
- By rtrecost in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM
- By shaf_prince in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2012, 11:41 AM
- By batia in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2012, 07:19 AM