Can I upgrade my rooted note 2 (4.1.1 stock ROM) to official 4.1.2 ROM manually?

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, my note 2 is rooted with android 4.1.1 stock ROM. My question is can I manually upgrade to an official ROM when the phone is rooted? I've been reading some guides on how to manually upgrade my note 2 from one official ROM (4.1.1) to another official ROM (4.1.2). Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMB6
The guides are pretty much explicit but they never specified if it would work on a rooted note 2 with an official stock ROM. I want to upgrade but i don't know if it's safe to do so.

NB:The guide states I need to install Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers. I already have Samsung USB drivers installed on my laptop (which i downloaded while rooting my phone),but I don't know if it is the same drivers the guide is referring to? Or are they referring to kies?
If not, Any links to Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you want to stay rooted? You can download the official 4.1.2 rom from xda. Make sure to download the specific one for your carrier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2