Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about rooting on Verizon Note 2

Sorry for such a basic question. I'm thinking of moving from the 64GB iPhone 5 to the Note 2 on Verizon. However I'm concerned about the lack of memory, since I use Spotify and games.

If I root the phone, can I transfer applications to the SD card? I did a search and it sounds like after rooting, the apps to accomplish this no longer work well. Also I would like to retain Samsung functions like multiwindow.

Is this possible? Any pointers on which ROMs/apps to load would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Question about rooting on Verizon Note 2

Please delete, wrong forum, thanks.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Question about rooting on Verizon Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by sithjedi333 View Post
    Sorry for such a basic question. I'm thinking of moving from the 64GB iPhone 5 to the Note 2 on Verizon. However I'm concerned about the lack of memory, since I use Spotify and games.

If I root the phone, can I transfer applications to the SD card? I did a search and it sounds like after rooting, the apps to accomplish this no longer work well. Also I would like to retain Samsung functions like multiwindow.

Is this possible? Any pointers on which ROMs/apps to load would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    You are in the correct forum, the mods may have moved your post. Rooting by itself will not give you this ability to moves apps to sd. But there is a mod that will allow you to swap internal for external memory. I have not done it but I have read that it does infact work. It also recommended that you use the fastest memory available which at this time is going to be a sandisk 64gb class 10 uhs-1 micro sd card, or equivalent. They are appr. $49 on amazon or $99@ BB.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by: