How do i update TWRP?

SDQB17

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am using twrp thru Rom Manager , if I download Goomanager and update twrp, will it update the version I use in RM?

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
It wont update the manager, you would have to update the manager through the play store and I think it is still in beta.. If you get goo you can get twrp and it SHOULD give you the latest..

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep goo manager is what you use to update twrp, if it's uploaded for your device, it will appear when you choose to flash zips.

Rom manager is only for cwm recovery. It will only update cwm, and can only download cwm. Pretty biased actually, considering it's supposed to be a "rom toolbox".

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

DrPra86

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep goo manager is what you use to update twrp, if it's uploaded for your device, it will appear when you choose to flash zips.

Rom manager is only for cwm recovery. It will only update cwm, and can only download cwm. Pretty biased actually, considering it's supposed to be a "rom toolbox".

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

It can be updated using rom installer. Get it from playstore and rom installer > flash recovery> install latest version of your recovery

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
It can be updated using rom installer. Get it from playstore and rom installer > flash recovery> install latest version of your recovery

For me GooManager has stopped being able to update TWRP. Rom Installer brings that function back. Thank you for the recommendation.

jdnobre

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello, this is a newb question but will updating TWRP wipe my phone? I've searched the internet but i can't seem to find a straight answer.

I know installing TWRP did (obviously) but i'm wondeing if the update will do the same.

Thanks in advance.

julesR

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Use flashify app from Google store. After install click on recovery image...select download twrp...it will show all the latest twrp..select anyone...click yup
Is there a reason you use flash if over twrp manager? Just curious.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Bunter221

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Boot to recovery and flash the new twrp version. Make a backup first of course.

No you won't lose any files but if you were backing up to the ext sd card you need to reselect the ext sd card directory to retrieve old backups.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar