Note 2 questions / help!!!!!!

mister singh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, new to forums.

I'm trying to switch to an Android from a blackberry (thank god)
and I got a really good deal for a phone off kijiji that is a note 2 locked to rogers network.
I currently use the Wind network and I know that the phone has to be unlocked and modified so that it can work on my network.
I did a little bit of research and am wondering what if it can't be done? I don't want to spend $500 and find out it wont be unlockable/modifiable
Which Note 2 model type will be able to be modified (I heard international version cannot be modified) and usually when people buy phones from rogers what model type is it?
Can you buy international version from a carrier on contract?
Thank you so much..
oh, and one last thing.
is the note 2 a good phone?
THANKS.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Quite a few questions posed you have.

There does not appear to be a Rogers subforum for the Note 2. I live in a whole 'nother country called Texas, so unfortunately can't help with the Rogers questions. May want to post here http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-canada-bell-telus-rogers/ as those in the S3 forum may be able help.

Samsung Galaxy Note II shows that you can get a Note 2 for CDN $399. Might be a whole lot less expensive than the $500 you quoted, and a bunch less hassle for unlocking and modifying. On top of that, a new phone will come with a warranty and a known good condition. Can't say the same for a resale item on a reseller site.

My view is that the Note 2 is a good phone. Suggest going into a Wind store to get a feel for the phone in person.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Wind works on AWS frequencies, so a Rogers model (i317m) will not give you access to proper data speeds.

In other words - do not buy it!

You need a T-Mobile model (t889 or t889v) from the US. Haven't heard of Wind carrying high end phones, so just look for an AWS compatible phone on eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good to know about the differences between Rogers and Wind's networks. The link posted above is for Wind's Note 2 offering.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Good to know about the differences between Rogers and Wind's networks. The link posted above is for Wind's Note 2 offering.

Wow, they do carry high end stuff now... Always viewed them as a budget carrier, with reception issues and etc...

Posted via Android Central App

mister singh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Quite a few questions posed you have.

There does not appear to be a Rogers subforum for the Note 2. I live in a whole 'nother country called Texas, so unfortunately can't help with the Rogers questions. May want to post here http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-canada-bell-telus-rogers/ as those in the S3 forum may be able help.

Samsung Galaxy Note II shows that you can get a Note 2 for CDN $399. Might be a whole lot less expensive than the $500 you quoted, and a bunch less hassle for unlocking and modifying. On top of that, a new phone will come with a warranty and a known good condition. Can't say the same for a resale item on a reseller site.

My view is that the Note 2 is a good phone. Suggest going into a Wind store to get a feel for the phone in person.

i bought the phone and i don't regret it at all! works perfectly on my network, mint condition, have warranty until the next year.. and it's a whole lot better than my old blackberry. thanks for the help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane