Re: Over the Air Update on Rooted Note 2 SGH-i317 if I Deleted Bloatware?

TmobileT889

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Can someone, anyone please help... I'm trying to download myrom for Tmobile & jediX13 neither will fully download. Also is there a link for the sg4 camera apk? Thx to anyone willing to offer help. :cool:

Dee's Tmobile sgh-T889

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like you have three specific questions, two of which are clearly stated, with the third implied or assumed. I'll try to help break it down so that those who may respond to your request for help are all understanding the same thing.

Q1. How can I download jediX13 or myrom?
A1. Are you trying to download them from your phone, or from your computer? The ROM file size can be large, especially for the custom ROMs that are based on TouchWiz. Also, some of the hosting or mirror sites that host the ROM files may have bandwidth limitations or allow for a certain number of downloads at a time. Or those sites could have been experiencing issues when you were trying to access them. I've seen mentioned in many places a best practice recommendation to download to your computer first, and then copy the ROM over to your phone.

Q2. (Implied). Is my bootloader unlocked?
A2. By wanting to download a custom ROM, I assume that your bootloader is unlocked. If yes, then you should be able to flash a custom ROM in recovery (TWRP or CWM). Before flashing be absolutely certain that the custom ROM you're trying to flash supports your phone model.

Q3. Where can I get the Galaxy S4 Camera apk?
A3. For this one I'd search for something like "Galaxy S4 Camera apk for Galaxy Note 2". Also need to confirm that if such an apk exists, that its compatible with the custom ROM you choose to flash.

TmobileT889

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Looks like you have three specific questions, two of which are clearly stated, with the third implied or assumed. I'll try to help break it down so that those who may respond to your request for help are all understanding the same thing.

Q1. How can I download jediX13 or myrom? & Q2. (Implied). Is my bootloader unlocked?

A1 & 2. I have always downloaded straight from my note 2 from day one. So that can't be the issue. This isn't my first time rooting a phone, this phone I have rooted but didn't place a cus rom (through CWM) I unfortunately lost my first note 2 on vacation during mothers day vacation at the beach, sd card as well. So my previously stored downloaded roms were gone too.

Q3. Where can I get the Galaxy S4 Camera apk?
A3. I have already Google, forums, & youtube sites for this answer its capable of being done but no one shows a link on how to do it

Dee's Tmobile sgh-T889

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your phone :(

If you've not tried already, I'd try downloading the ROMs to your computer 1st, then copy over just in case something is going on over wireless. Jedi ROM looks cool.
I tried clicking the download link further down on this page |ROM| Jedi Master 13 || SaberKernel_22.4 || Pie || Per App DPI || 5|01!!! - xda-developers and got a response right away, so it could be that something was up on XDA earlier or somewhere in between.

Sorry I can't be of more help for the S4 Camera apk. Perhaps someone on the XDA thread above may be able to help, or at the Jedi Academy The Jedi Academy, or (Most) Everyting You Need To Know About Jedi ROMs - xda-developers

TmobileT889

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Well :banghead: I'm back at none. Thx for the link... stuck at 9% hopefully when my replacement for this phone comes the issue will be resolved. I believe this is a defective phone...freezes...automatically turns off & back on and over heats when on charger. O well back to the drawing board. Thx again have a good night.

Dee's Tmobile sgh-T889