Want to get back into rooting...

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

About a month ago, I got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon coming from an iPhone 5. I used Android back in the G1 days, went to the Nexus One, MT3GS, and then switched over to iOS - but now I'm back. I was really active in the modding community during my Android days. Clearly a lot has changed - I don't even know where to begin at this point.

I would like to root my Note 2 (I605). And I guess I'm a minority who wants to keep Touchwiz on my phone. I enjoy it. Yes, I know...

One of the main reasons I want to root my Note 2, is to get rid of that annoying "ongoing" wifi notification that Verizon plants in their Samsung devices... I'd really just like to have a wifi option in the toggles on the top like the rest of the carrier's Galaxy devices.
Then, there are other small things that I think would just be nifty to be able to have with root access.

One of the only worries I have is backing everything up and setting it all up again. I remember, back in the day, that it was a total pain to have to restore all my apps with programs that didn't even work half the time, and have to reconfigure everything to the way I like. Has it gotten any easier since then?

So here's my setup:
Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 (Verizon)
8GB Class 6 MicroSD
MacBook Air i7 late 2012 model
An empty brain

Anyone willing to help me out?

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm just myself getting into it but I def find most my helpful info on the xda forums I'm sure you'll get a lot of help tthere

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I would get rid of the class 6 sd card first. Go get yourself a 64gb class 10 on amazon. With read/write performance increase you will have a much more pleasant experience with doing your mods and rom changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would get rid of the class 6 sd card first. Go get yourself a 64gb class 10 on amazon. With read/write performance increase you will have a much more pleasant experience with doing your mods and rom changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Noted, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol