ok, what the hell kind of crap is this...Note 2 upgraded to 4.3 from 4.12 can't downgrade?

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
At+t note 2, running 4.12 without any issues at all. Had some good apps.
Anywho, i don't know why i did, but went ahead with the upgrade to 4.3. Great, more apps added that i won't use. Turn around and block those from future updates etc. Now some apps are not working at all.
I have read a little about if you have some Knox stuff loaded then basically you're screwed, cannot downgrade. What a bunch of crap.

Damnit!
What kind of options do i have now?

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Heh. Disabled all the at+t crap that came with it, also there are a bunch of Samsung apps that come with it now. Not interested in those either. Gtalk is no longer a base app (replaced by hangouts, which sucks)
Portable wife can no longer be used with 4.3. Spell check sucks. Haha
i want my old phone back! At least with my old bb you could do this. ;)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hangouts is Google's new all in one texting and messaging app. You can download another texting app and disable Hangouts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Haha portable wifi, not portable wife!

@mrsmumbles, i tried hangouts a while back and did not care for it, i thought it was too cluttered. I downgraded that app to gtalk. With the 4.3 upgrade hangouts comes as standard app, it cannot be downgraded to gtalk. I just won't be using it anymore.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

@mrsmumbles, i tried hangouts a while back and did not care for it, i thought it was too cluttered. I downgraded that app to gtalk. With the 4.3 upgrade hangouts comes as standard app, it cannot be downgraded to gtalk. I just won't be using it anymore.

I feel the same way. Too big and too bloated. Since yesterday I'm hearing a lot about evolve SMS app. I think I'll replace textra with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Out of curriosity what dont you like about the stock messaging app. Seems to work fine for me. No frills ill admit but fine all the same.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With 4.3 the file system setup changed and boot loader changed to include the KNOX security. The older app paths are changed, most apps are updating to fix this, but some may take a while.
At+t note 2, running 4.12 without any issues at all. Had some good apps.
Anywho, i don't know why i did, but went ahead with the upgrade to 4.3. Great, more apps added that i won't use. Turn around and block those from future updates etc. Now some apps are not working at all.
I have read a little about if you have some Knox stuff loaded then basically you're screwed, cannot downgrade. What a bunch of crap.

Damnit!
What kind of options do i have now?