Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By jdub1981
  • 1 Post By jdub1981
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    nicholes444's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Carrier
    Note 2 , Stock 4.3

    Default How to TV out note 2 (old fashioned TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    i searched a bit for tv out option in note 2 but all i get is the MHL adapter. but i did not find out how would it work with my old TV(which has only audio video pins in it ).. i mean what else do i need beside MHL adapter and one more important thing> would it work or not? i dont know what do i need buy please guide me.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    29,325 Posts
    Global Posts
    29,807 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashoined TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholes444 View Post
    i searched a bit for tv out option in note 2 but all i get is the MHL adapter. but i did not find out how would it work with my old TV(which has only audio video pins in it ).. i mean what else do i need beside MHL adapter and one more important thing> would it work or not? i dont know what do i need buy please guide me.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I think your TV is too old. You can connect a device with an HDMI adapter, but the TV still needs HDMI.
    nicholes444 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    nicholes444's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Carrier
    Note 2 , Stock 4.3

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashoined TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I think your TV is too old. You can connect a device with an HDMI adapter, but the TV still needs HDMI.
    Yes, it is very old and does not have HDMI . any chances that we can make tv out work with my TV?
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    29,325 Posts
    Global Posts
    29,807 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashoined TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholes444 View Post
    Yes, it is very old and does not have HDMI . any chances that we can make tv out work with my TV?
    I doubt it. The only way I can think of is an HDMI adapter to your input cables. I may be wrong, but I think that is a conflicting technology, meaning I don't think that there is such an adapter.
    msndrstood and nicholes444 like this.
  5. #5  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashioned TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    You can in fact use an HDMI adapter to composite video. I know because I use it to connect my note 2 to the yellow/red/white connectors in my car which then displays video on my MyFord Touch sync system.

    Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2
    nicholes444 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    nicholes444's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Carrier
    Note 2 , Stock 4.3

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashioned TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    You can in fact use an HDMI adapter to composite video. I know because I use it to connect my note 2 to the yellow/red/white connectors in my car which then displays video on my MyFord Touch sync system.

    Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2
    could you please explain what exactly i need buy?because i dont see any audio video pins in HDMI adapter( i may be wrong)
  7. #7  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,386 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: How to TV out note 2 (old fashioned TV ) only have audio video pins?would MHL work?

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholes444 View Post
    could you please explain what exactly i need buy?because i dont see any audio video pins in HDMI adapter( i may be wrong)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FO7PQA/...idcentral00-20

    I use this and an MHL cable. MHL is a mini USB to HDMI cable.

    Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2
    nicholes444 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display
    By raihan9903 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 08:00 PM
  2. Need help sending videos
    By ianhanson85 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM
  3. Battery from 50% to dead instantly
    By Michaelb104 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
  4. Phone to VGA
    By Flamzy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 09:01 AM
  5. Face tag is not working in Galaxy S2
    By faizalkv in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions