Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Frustration setting in...

I have searched everywhere before posting because I didn't want to double post...

I have a verizon note 2 rooted running Carbon Rom android 4.3

I was on cm 10, cm 11, tried jedi, all different roms - none as good of battery life as stock. I do play games and I understand those will drain my battery, but the the main issues I'm having are:

1 - media server drain consistently is between 14% & 23% - I tried rescan media root - didnt work, tried removing sd card didnt work, tried a different kernel, different roms, removed all media files............................
    2 - i purchased a seidio extended battery and one very rom it seemed to get me the same amount of juice as the stock battery
    3 - with carbon the last two nights after installing it the battery starts to charge when I go to bed and in the morning the phone is not taking charge and usually around 30% or less.

Can anyone provide insight - I dont think its defect, but could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JB

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Default Re: Frustration setting in...

Start from stock. Flash it in Odin, wait a week, then work your way up. It is the best way to find out what is going on

When you flash alot some times artifacts can get left behind

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by jbomb11 View Post
    I have searched everywhere before posting because I didn't want to double post...

I have a verizon note 2 rooted running Carbon Rom android 4.3

I was on cm 10, cm 11, tried jedi, all different roms - none as good of battery life as stock. I do play games and I understand those will drain my battery, but the the main issues I'm having are:

1 - media server drain consistently is between 14% & 23% - I tried rescan media root - didnt work, tried removing sd card didnt work, tried a different kernel, different roms, removed all media files............................
    2 - i purchased a seidio extended battery and one very rom it seemed to get me the same amount of juice as the stock battery
    3 - with carbon the last two nights after installing it the battery starts to charge when I go to bed and in the morning the phone is not taking charge and usually around 30% or less.

Can anyone provide insight - I dont think its defect, but could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JB

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    I'd recommend trying Slim Bean. The battery life on that ROM blows CM out of the water, and I was able to get about an hour of screen time more than on the stock ROM because I wasn't losing as much battery while idle.
    Like mentioned above, try the stock firmware again, and if the issue is gone, then you can continue flashing

Sent from my XT1056 using the Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

you have a link for most reliable stock root image
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

★ [Rom][I605VRUEMJ9][4.3] "Official" Stock Root Odex/Deodex [12/20/13]★ - xda-developers

Found this - which file do I odin first - or do I odin first then flash the deodex or odexed?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by jbomb11 View Post
    ★ [Rom][I605VRUEMJ9][4.3] "Official" Stock Root Odex/Deodex [12/20/13]★ - xda-developers

Found this - which file do I odin first - or do I odin first then flash the deodex or odexed?
    Generally it's flashing the root file if you don't already have a custom ROM. If you do, just flash the ROM of your choice

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan