Removable Battery?

fsdorado

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Any word on the battery of the Note 2? Will it be easy to swap batteries? Anything about the size of the battery? My wife *really* wants one of these but is concerned about battery life. Thanks!!

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For the record:
My Dell Streak has a 1580mah battery. It is a 5" screen and a 1-ghz single core processor. The Note 2 specs were released with a 5.5" screen, a 1.6ghz quad-core processor. But also a 3100mah battery. That's nearly twice the size of the battery on my older Streak.

I'm not going to make straight apples to apples comparisson, since that wouldn't be rightly fair. However, it seems as though Samsung definitely got this one correct by including a ginormous battery from the onset.

Secondly, the Galaxy S3 has a removable battery (if I'm remembering correctly), and I would say that the Note2 is following a lot of the same trends and design paths that the S3 has.

Thirdly, the original Note has a removable battery, 2500mah (again, if I am recalling correctly). I don't think Samsung would stray TOO far from this.

Huge on-board battery + its nearest cousin has a removable battery = most likely battery woes won't be a huge problem.

(Unless, of course, the S-Pen drains batteries poorly ... )

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For the record:
My Dell Streak has a 1580mah battery. It is a 5" screen and a 1-ghz single core processor. The Note 2 specs were released with a 5.5" screen, a 1.6ghz quad-core processor. But also a 3100mah battery. That's nearly twice the size of the battery on my older Streak.

I'm not going to make straight apples to apples comparisson, since that wouldn't be rightly fair. However, it seems as though Samsung definitely got this one correct by including a ginormous battery from the onset.

Secondly, the Galaxy S3 has a removable battery (if I'm remembering correctly), and I would say that the Note2 is following a lot of the same trends and design paths that the S3 has.

Thirdly, the original Note has a removable battery, 2500mah (again, if I am recalling correctly). I don't think Samsung would stray TOO far from this.

Huge on-board battery + its nearest cousin has a removable battery = most likely battery woes won't be a huge problem.

(Unless, of course, the S-Pen drains batteries poorly ... )

Ya I'm thinking if it's taking after the s3 then the battery will be removable. And with my note I get about the same screen on times as I do on other phones (s2,razr) about 2.5-3.5 screen on time on 3g. I'm thinking the note 2 may be a tad bit better as the screen is only .2 inches bigger but the battery is 600mah larger (2500 vs 3100)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
From what I read, the Note 2 battery does not have the nfc chip inside the battery like the gs3, good news there!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1