Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Top Reason for Getting the Galaxy Note 2

no one has mentioned that it's big enough to use as a sketch pad.

You can take a photo, import it into a sketch application and sketch notes or sketch in new construction on a shot of your back porch....and then email it to someone.

I guess Note 1 owners have been doing that already. I'm on an original EVO.
    Thanked by:
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Content creation and not just consumption.

mellojoe
    the one, the only

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    Content creation and not just consumption.

Let me second that.

I will say that, as an iPhone 4 and iPad 3 user, there have been a LOT of times I've wanted an accurate stylus to jot things down with. In my business, I read documents/pdfs all the time that need commenting upon and I'd much rather be able to easily scribble on the page than insert note/boot up keyboard/ type (which I find clumsy and slow on touch-screens in any case). Or even worse, to use a stubby eraser-like stylus, the only kind I can get on iOS, which, every time I use it, makes me feel like I'm Stephen Hawking trying to do fine sketching with a stick of chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    My coworker has been waiting for one since the first. I decided to check it out because he was so excited for it. Now i want it! 5.5 inch screen and removable 3100 MAH battery? Yes, please!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I don't see where it says it will have a removable battery?
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

there are videos of people removing the back cover and showing a removable battery

I'm waiting to see battery life test done on it to see how the quad core does. To me its down to the note 2, a new nexus if/when its announced, and the iPhone 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

iphone 5 shouldn't even be in this equation

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    iphone 5 shouldn't even be in this equation
    For some it is. For others it isnt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

I agree, the note 2, as someone mentioned earlier is a content creation and consumption device, whereas the iphone 5 is made for the consumption market.

I have the note 1 and am looking forward to the note 2 strictly for the quad core and 2 GB of ram. It will be a nice companion for my galaxy note 10.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about a screen that is 1.5" bigger than an iphone 5. Apple fans can scream all day long about pixel density, but i will take an s pen over a iOS based device anyday.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I took a tape measure to my HTC EVO 4G (contract up in November) and I can do a Note 2 without having to go to "relax fit" jeans. So why not? If I just knew it would have a Wolfson DAC like the Euro SIII then that would just be the capper, but either way I'm doin' it.

I made an exact mockup of the Note2 using card stock and filled it with 2 pads of Post-It notes to give it the proper bulk. Carried it around for about a week to make sure it 'fit' into my life. It does.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnDroid View Post
    I made an exact mockup of the Note2 using card stock and filled it with 2 pads of Post-It notes to give it the proper bulk. Carried it around for about a week to make sure it 'fit' into my life. It does.
    I wonder how many Samsung engineers did the same thing.

if you want to know why you should get this smartphone then check out this page
    Thanked by:

The difference in hypotenuse is a deceptive looking measure. For instance, the 1.5" difference between the 5.5" Note 2 and iPhone 5 translates into a whopping 150% increase in area. That is, the Note 2 screen is as large as two and a half iPhone 5's. The 0.7" difference between the SG3 and the Note 2 translates into a 58% larger screen.
    Thanked by 2:
    vincentallen2 likes this.

There are so many nice features on this phone.
    It's really amazing how much innovation Samsung has put into it.
    I love the pop up notepad when on a phone call. How many times have you wanted to jot something down when on the phone and could not find a pen or a pad?
    Multiple Windows is also awesome. Now I can watch something and make notes at the same time.
    Clip to clipboard will be sweet too.
    So many awesome features, how could you even compare this phone to the iPhone 5?
    iPhone = Old and Tired
    Note II = New and Sexy!
    almath likes this.

My current smartphone is the original note, everything else just seems too small after that. I needed the bigger screen for video and Internet usage, and making presentations without a heavy laptop.

It's removable in the international version.

I purchased the Note2 to replace my 10.1" tablet. It's sized perfectly for all of my tablet use. I haven't decided yet if I'll be using it as a phone but it's looking good so far.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Deaj View Post
    I purchased the Note2 to replace my 10.1" tablet. It's sized perfectly for all of my tablet use. I haven't decided yet if I'll be using it as a phone but it's looking good so far.
    What are you currently using as a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    What are you currently using as a phone?
    HTC Sensation 4G -T-Mobile (Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread). I'll almost certainly move to a T-Mobile version of the Note2 once it has proven itself to be stable. For now I'm quite content treating the Note2 as a WiFi only mini tablet and using the phobe as a hotspot. I'm getting great battery life from the phone and it has been rock stable.

First post. I signed up to the forum last year when the iPhone 4S came out but decided to stick with my iPhone 4 and wait for the iPhone 5.

Well, I'm returning my iPhone 5 and getting the Note II. Stock iOS is boring as ****. Don't want to waste months each year waiting for a jailbreak any longer.

The non-pentile display also playing a factor to me finally switching over.
    OceanView likes this.

So, welcome to our Note II forum!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

The specs alone are enough reason to get a Note II. Best handset out right now period!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12