Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Top Reason for Getting the Galaxy Note 2

what's your reason? I'm getting it because I want to be able to read my cell phone screen without grampa glasses.. Oh, and because it's a great device!
    Ported myself over from Palm III/V/Zire --> Treo 700p --> Pre - --> Touchpad (2 x 16gb) --> Photon 4G---> Fabulous Galaxy Note II on Sprint

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default Re: Top Reason for Getting the Galaxy Note 2

You posted this thread 3 times...just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    what's your reason? I'm getting it because I want to be able to read my cell phone screen without grampa glasses.. Oh, and because it's a great device!
    I want this phone because my eyes are older than the rest of me and because, for a couple weeks last year, I tried a 7" HTC Flyer tablet which continually bugged me---Felt as if it should be used for texting and talking (but couldn't be, of course). I'm waaaay excited about the Note II and hope it is imminently released to USA carriers.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Because Netflix was meant to be watched in a 5.5in screen, lol.
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...
    msmo81 likes this.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I was thinking about getting it for my wife. One bigger screen and less problems she will have like she is with her atrix.

Because I can. 1.6 Quad Core, 2 gig ram, 5.5 inch screen, expandable storage space. Did I mention Jellybean???

ROM
    ViperOne

Ladies love the huge screen.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gzbsds View Post
    Because I can. 1.6 Quad Core, 2 gig ram, 5.5 inch screen, expandable storage space. Did I mention Jellybean???
    ^^ Loved this reply.

My upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket. I was really close to getting the S3 when rumors of the Note 2 started appearing. That made me decide to wait it out.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

My coworker told me to check out the Note2. Now I WANT it!

I currently have an HTC. . . will I survive the switch from HTC to Sammy?

After using an iPhone for years, I've figured out what I want and need a smartphone to do.

That is to say, my app usage is very different on my smartphone vs. my tablet. Some crossover -- like syncing bookmarks -- is great but for the most part I use these devices in very different ways.

I've discovered that making calls is, for me, not the activity I do most on my smartphone; in fact, it ranks like #4 in activities I spend the most time doing on a mobile device. I access the web the most and want my web-accessing experience to be the best I can make it.

So, for me, the top reason to get the Galaxy Note 2 is the screen size. I want a phablet, I want a big old window looking onto the internet and my data. I also want to keep it in my pocket, something I can't do with my iPad.

There are Android versions of most all the apps I use on my iPhone. For certain ones, there are easily-instituted alternates. I point this out because it's not the Android OS so much that I find appealing (even though it is very nice and I love its very customizable options, something I didn't get much of from iOS).

When the Note 2 hits AT&T here in the U.S., I'm jumping on board and buying this bad-boy as my communications device. My iPhone 4 and its tiny 3.5 screen will become a wifi-tethered music player I keep in my car.

Sorry for the rambling reply -- I just want to be sure I'm making sense.

ROM
    Bonsai4All V3.0.1

Better yet, sell the iPhone 4 and get a 5th gen iPod touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldorian View Post
    After using an iPhone for years, I've figured out what I want and need a smartphone to do.

That is to say, my app usage is very different on my smartphone vs. my tablet. Some crossover -- like syncing bookmarks -- is great but for the most part I use these devices in very different ways.

I've discovered that making calls is, for me, not the activity I do most on my smartphone; in fact, it ranks like #4 in activities I spend the most time doing on a mobile device. I access the web the most and want my web-accessing experience to be the best I can make it.

So, for me, the top reason to get the Galaxy Note 2 is the screen size. I want a phablet, I want a big old window looking onto the internet and my data. I also want to keep it in my pocket, something I can't do with my iPad.

There are Android versions of most all the apps I use on my iPhone. For certain ones, there are easily-instituted alternates. I point this out because it's not the Android OS so much that I find appealing (even though it is very nice and I love its very customizable options, something I didn't get much of from iOS).

When the Note 2 hits AT&T here in the U.S., I'm jumping on board and buying this bad-boy as my communications device. My iPhone 4 and its tiny 3.5 screen will become a wifi-tethered music player I keep in my car.

Sorry for the rambling reply -- I just want to be sure I'm making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    My coworker told me to check out the Note2. Now I WANT it!

I currently have an HTC. . . will I survive the switch from HTC to Sammy?
    Of course you can survive the switch! I've loved my HTC Fuze and Inspire 4G the past 4-5 years, but I look sooooo forward to the Note II !
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Quote Originally Posted by gzbsds View Post
    This. Do we have any idea when it will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Ladies love the huge screen.
    You bet we do! (thanks for the chuckle)
    Thanked by:
    n-strike and mrayth like this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    custom StreakDroid ROM

Bigger is better.

I've had a Dell Streak for 2 years and there is no way I can go back to a small phone. I'm sort of glad the iPhone has finally moved to a 4" screen, cause my wife's 3.7" iPhone looks just TINY compared to mine. Most of our phones are media machines, and the bigger screen takes full advantage of that. Now adding in the s-pen (stylus) adds creation capability to it. i had an old touchscreen PDA for years. I'm looking forward to getting back to a true all-in-one device that can do everything and do it well.
    mellojoe
    the one, the only

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    Bigger is better. i had an old touchscreen PDA for years. I'm looking forward to getting back to a true all-in-one device that can do everything and do it well.
    Yes. 'Twill be super to not carry my Inspire and iPAQ everywhere I go.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

My coworker has been waiting for one since the first. I decided to check it out because he was so excited for it. Now i want it! 5.5 inch screen and removable 3100 MAH battery? Yes, please!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    I want this phone because my eyes are older than the rest of me and because, for a couple weeks last year, I tried a 7" HTC Flyer tablet which continually bugged me---Felt as if it should be used for texting and talking (but couldn't be, of course). I'm waaaay excited about the Note II and hope it is imminently released to USA carriers.
    As a road warrior I've always thought a tablet with text talk capabilities would be sweet!
    Oh yeah, now there's the note2. If VZW ever gets it I'd bet it would sell very well.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

I have a nook color I just mostly for productivity apps and heavy reading, books, comics, etc
    I use my phone phone for reading news and forums and gaming,I find seven inches to be a bit ungainly for playing touch screen games, so something right in between four and seven inches sounds great to me
    Also the specs, can't beat 'em

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

I spend a lot of time away from home for 24+ hours at a time so I could really use the bigger screen for video, browsing, better email viewing, games, and reading. Not to mention finally having a phone with a front AND rear facing camera so I can video chat with my kiddos. Couple that with the quad core processor and 2 gig of ram and I am thinking this phone was MADE for me.

I wonder how big it will be if they make an Otterbox for it...? lol.
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

I've never oned a smartphone that wasn't an htc. Sense and their build quality has always been my favorite. I had the sensation and was satisfied with it but wanted a new one. The one s didn't satisfy me, not big enough. That's when I laid eyes on the galaxy s3! Had to have it.

I was very worried about the switch, I remembered the touchwiz of not long ago and am actually quite surprised. I remember playing with the gs2 and thinking this touchwiz is killing it for me. But I must admit I'm not minding it on the gs3, actually impressed. No problem switching. Don't get me wrong though, I am way more terrified of dropping this gs3.

Now on to the note 2. I really want it too now! I'm thinking maybe I should get the titanium (I have the white gs3) and then I'll just use which ever one tickles my fancy that day. I know it's odd but I really like both. Really liking huge screen!

I want the Note II cause it will have 2GB Ram, Jellybean, bigger battery, Quad core CPU.
    I hope someone does a comparison between the new and the original Note.
    Want to see a big jump in performance.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom now

The LED notification indicator! lol

I want this phone because its not a thunderbolt. Oh and also I wanted the original note that never came to Verizon. Glad to see this one will.

sent from my crappy thunderbolt. patiently waiting for the note 2...

Basically, I use the internet on my phone alot. And, I always wished the screen was just a little bit bigger. So, this is perfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast