Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smooches680
  • 1 Post By Cobravision
  • 1 Post By mrayth
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you get the Note 2 and Note 10.1?

I've been in the market for a new phone and tablet for some time and with the Note 2 on the horizon, I'm starting to wonder if getting the Note 10.1 is overkill.

Sure there is almost a 2x size difference and the Note 10.1 is underpowered compared to the Note 2, and I would use them somewhat differently but is that enough?

I wanted a tablet to allow me PDF and eBook reading, typing my journals/reports (via bluetooth kb), and with the S-Pen, allow to do larger handwritten work and add to my journal entries. I'm sure there are many more uses but these would be the main. Typing on tablet is just better since I can get more in.

I wanted to get the Note 2 in addition because it's a phone while also having the same features of the tablet, except smaller. I don't know if I'd be able to do any extensive typing but I could read and edit on the go since the data on the tablet would be linked.

Here were a few of my solutions:
    Get the S3 and Note 10.1 to distinguish their functions
    Keep the iPhone 5 (unopened, still contemplating a switch) and get the N10.1
    Get the N2 and the 10.1
    Just get the N2 and a very small BT kb and just work off this
    Get a different phone or tablet entirely

Thanks for the advice

Default Re: Would you get the Note 2 and Note 10.1?

I have the Note 10.1 and it does not have the same abilities as the NOTE II. The NOTE II has additional features and is running jelly bean. I'm going to same my 10.1 to get the Note II, unless I see an update rolled out to upgrade the software to add the missing features found on the NOTE II.The following, NO "Aie View", NO "Popup Note", NO "Quick Command", NO "Photo Note", NO "Enhanced Handwriting", NO "QUAD PROCESSOR"... Just my two.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhite0530 View Post
    I have the Note 10.1 and it does not have the same abilities as the NOTE II. The NOTE II has additional features and is running jelly bean. I'm going to same my 10.1 to get the Note II, unless I see an update rolled out to upgrade the software to add the missing features found on the NOTE II.The following, NO "Aie View", NO "Popup Note", NO "Quick Command", NO "Photo Note", NO "Enhanced Handwriting", NO "QUAD PROCESSOR"... Just my two.
    Note 10.1 is expected to get Jelly Bean later this year (2012)

But the Note 2 will still be more powerful, yet smaller. So would it still be worth getting the 10.1?

I have the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 but will also get the Samsung galaxy note 2 once that comes to Sprint. Can't wait!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    I have the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 but will also get the Samsung galaxy note 2 once that comes to Sprint. Can't wait!

You're not worried that the tablet will sit there gathering dust?

OG Galaxy Note user here. I jumped on the Galaxy Note 10.1 when it was released and returned it because my 64GB SD XC card would not work without a reformat to FAT 32 from exFAT. I decided to return it and get the 32 GB model ( since I also have a 32 GB micro SD card that worked) which was not sold in the Best Buy stores at that time and I have just decided I did not really need it. I have a new ipad (sales contest from work) so I am looking forward to getting the Galaxy Note 2. I must say I really liked the Galaxy Note 10.1 but not enough to exert myself to order the 32GB model and pay for it.
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by BCShakarov View Post
    You're not worried that the tablet will sit there gathering dust?
    Oh no, I will probably use tablet more since bigger screen, we shall see. I hope it don't collect dust. I also have the Nexus 7 tablet also.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yes I'm getting both. I recently returned my 7" GT 2 because I'm getting the Note 2. Yes, the screen is smaller but it's not that much bigger than the 5" Galaxy Player and I was very comfortable with that. I'm intrigued by the Note 10.1 so I find both devices compliment each other in different ways.

I've no intentions for my tablet to collect dust; cant use the phone ALL the time....afterall, it's gotta charge. Also, I prefer movies on the bigger screen; especially when I'm home and chiling with my tablet.

I will get the NOTE II when it comes out. I like the additional features, but I will keep the NOTE 10.1 so I can have a tablet for when I'm reading or doing things where I feel a bigger screen will be better. I just can't wait for the NOTE II. But I still have to wait until my Sprint Contact is up... sic.. Another 11 months... sic.. Maybe I'll endup with a NOTE III by then..

I have the International Note 2. I got it on Tuesday and it is spectacular! I also have the original at&t note and I can say that the 2 is not only faster, but the screen is noticeably crisper. I am also looking forward to getting the 64GB microsd card. As a long time cyanogenmod user, i have opted to stick with touchwiz for now and its not overly intrusive. The call sound quality is excellent and the device is narrower than the one and easier to hold. If its not clear, I love this phone!

The Note 10.1 is actually almost 4 times larger than the Note 2.
    douglaslem88 likes this.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

What benefit do people see using note 2 over s3 with note 10.1?

I have s3 and note 10.1....just wanted to hear the benefits of note 2 that s3 doesn't have....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Liberty 3 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz View Post
    I have the International Note 2. I got it on Tuesday and it is spectacular! I also have the original at&t note and I can say that the 2 is not only faster, but the screen is noticeably crisper. I am also looking forward to getting the 64GB microsd card. As a long time cyanogenmod user, i have opted to stick with touchwiz for now and its not overly intrusive. The call sound quality is excellent and the device is narrower than the one and easier to hold. If its not clear, I love this phone!
    This phone looks like it will be in my pocket on release date in the US. The only issue I may have is the lack of dev support from cyanogenmod. Since Samsung is not obligated to release the source code on the exonos chipset, a lot of Devs are threatening not to support the device if the code is not released. For a long term device, that may sway my decision elsewhere since I am a "crackflasher". But for what comes with the Note 2 stock, I may reconsider.

http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/articles...d-phones-r1151

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

I have the gs3 and the note 10.1 now and am looking forward to getting the note 2.

I am going with the note 2 over the gs3 for a few reasons. One is the size of the screen, not much bigger than the s3, but better on my eyes. Second, i want to use it for my job, and i can't carry my note 10.1 with me all of the time , so i would pocket the note 2 for taking notes in the field. Sure, the s3 can do notes with the keyboard, but i like to use the s pen as my input of choice. I cut my teeth on windows pda stylii.

Other than that, everything else would be moot when the jelly bean update for the s3 shows up.

The only thing left then would be to wait for jelly bean for the note 10.1 and i should be all set. As for rooting and such, not really for me. I have done it before and just don't care.

I have note and note 10.1. I was using my note so heavily my eyes were begging for mercy, so the note 10.1 is my home use device, for the bigger screen, and the note is my carry around device. Both are getting a lot of use and my eyes are happier. It's my laptop that's gathering dust in the corner.
    ScandaLeX likes this.