Galaxy Note 3 6" display?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So the original note had a 5.3" display, and the Note 2 has a 5.5" display. Is it reasonable to assume the Note 3 will have a 6" display? 5.5" is absolutely massive for a phone, but what's too big for a phone, is there even a limit? With Samsung it doesn't seem like there is. There's no serious rumor, or speculation here, this is done in jest. Will we one day be walking around using iPad sized devices as phones? I started thinking about current screen sizes on the latest Android devices, and thought back to the launch of the OG Dell Streak, and how everyone said it was too big, yet Samsung has far surprised it in their mobile phones. Any thoughts on this?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I think its a current trend. Remember back when all the phones kept getting smaller and smaller? With the advent of so many tablets nowadays people are wanting phones bigger and bigger. Who knows what the future will hold.... Might go smaller again eventually

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's newest media player thingy (like the iPod is to iPhone) has a 5.8" screen. It is a very low quality screen, but the dimensions are there. At that point, I don't see why they don't make a phone in that size soon enough.

If that were the case, it would be a very small thing to hit the 6" factor.

The Note is an everyday device. I don't want them to get away from that. Tablets are a couch device: something that is very easy to carry around with you, but not something you feel that you can't leave the house without. Your primary phone, on the other hand, is an everyday device. More people are willing to leave the house without their wallet then they are to leave without their phone. This being the case, I'm certain we will find a sweet spot of largest possible device to still be an everyday device without it being relegated to a couch device. The 7" tablets I've played with are probably on the wrong side of that border. I think 7" is probably too big to be an everyday device. But it is borderline. I think if I spent more than just a couple minutes I'd find it easily incorporated into my life. But maybe not.

So, 7" is definitely the max. The maximum usable everyday device probably falls between 5.3" (original Note) and 7". I think we'll see that 5.5" (note2) is easily an everyday device. The range between 5.5 and 7 is fairly small, but those small differences will mean a lot, I think, since we are on the borderline. 6" is not out of the realm of possibility. I would say that it is not out of the realm of probabiliby either.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well we all know the Note 4 will be a 8 inch screen... Possibly the 5 will have a 10 inch screen. Or maybe there are such things, called tablets.

Biggest you will probably see is a 5.8 or so, I would think. 6 inch is too big. I love my note. Can't wait to play with the new Note soon.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Well we all know the Note 4 will be a 8 inch screen... Possibly the 5 will have a 10 inch screen. Or maybe there are such things, called tablets.

Biggest you will probably see is a 5.8 or so, I would think. 6 inch is too big. I love my note. Can't wait to play with the new Note soon.

Is Verizon going to get the new note?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

Zstephen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I can see that if the larger screen trends continue people will be carrying around seven or so inch devices with a cellular connection and making their calls with Bluetooth headsets,I could see handsets phasing out for this, many people are already carrying their phone, tablet and a headset, as devices become more capable there is less reason to carry around three or more devices

Sent from the year 252525

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699