Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jozjonlin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Multi Windows function

Saw this cool feature on xda developers forum! GN2 allows two windows with different content stacked on top of each other with simultaneous operation!

Ported from Palm III/V/Zire --> Treo 700p --> Pre --> 2 Touchpads (16gb) --> Photon 4G--> Galaxy Note II --> Note 10.1 (2014 Ed.) --> Super Fabulous Galaxy Note 4

Default Re: Multi Windows function

Now that is awesome. Even more of a reason to get the Note 2. Thank God for quad core.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    For the sake of protecting you, my precious person, I shall turn into the Chronicle Key.

looks like multi-window functionality might be a korean version exclusive? (or at least not available at launch?) per this post from XDA: xda-developers - View Single Post - First impresions

I have read that the multi-window functionality is in USA version; I apologize for not being able to furnish a reference for you. I have read so much about the Note II!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Alex Dobie of Android Central confirmed today that Samsung is pushing out a software update to the latest build that enables multi window functions!
    Ported from Palm III/V/Zire --> Treo 700p --> Pre --> 2 Touchpads (16gb) --> Photon 4G--> Galaxy Note II --> Note 10.1 (2014 Ed.) --> Super Fabulous Galaxy Note 4

This is one bad mutha!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I have the international version and can confirm the software update. I received it this morning and the multi-window works fantastically. That combined with the ability to pop open a browser window from links in other apps is not only cool but very useful. Device is still big, and I do find I'm missing those 80 pixels they shaved from the original note, especially when reading email, but still a great upgrade.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I can't provide a source link, but I read there was a mix up with the software. The multi-Window will be enabled in the U.S. with a software update. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on this phone. It's driving me crazy waiting...
    hummingbirdhill likes this.