Wrist strap/lanyard hole?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there is a wrist strap/ lanyard hole in the Galaxy Note 2? My Epic 4G touch has one and it has saved it from many potentially fatal falls and it would be nice to have whenever I get my note 2. Thanks.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they have it. They didn't include it on the S3 which was a bummer. You will need to use charms with Anti-dust plugs for your 3.5 jack.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is a bummer, it would of been nice to have included it in this great Phablet. But i will be getting a case that has a strap included with it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Also one of the biggest things now which are included with some cases if not just ask. Are anti-dust plug charms. They work the same way and protect your 3.5 jack from dust or larking ants lol. As what happen to someones Note Tablet. So if your not a heavy music person that needs to have their earbuds on all the time you can use the plug hole and their are a lot. This opens the door to phones that never had one now do. I use one for the Tablet because of that Ant in screen post.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I just ordered some off of eBay for my nexus 7 (and in 8 days 8 hours and 41 minutes my note 2). I Dont ever plug in headphones. I am all wireless when it come to music. So that won't be a problem.

anon(92709)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Do these plugs activate anything on the phone?

There is a page buddy on the note2 that spawns a new page on the launcher based on either headphones being inserted, stylus being withdrawn, docked etc.

Will it not just keep activating this page?

posted from note2 with tapatalk

M Anderson

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Where are you getting a case with a strap? I've considered having a leather one made to carry my new Galaxy Note 2, but will buy manufactured if a good one is available.

decalex

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for one as well with a lanyard cutout. Cruzerlite cases -- every one I've gotten for other devices -- have lanyard cutouts. But I can't for the life of me find and angle that shows it. These have a cutout.. but don't know anything about the quality of the cases.. and I can't tell if the bottom is exposed. I've run a lanyard through the top of my Body Glove case, but it doesn't look right.
Body Glove: http://smartphonepedia.com/samsung-galaxy-note2-body-glove-tpu-case.html
Amzer with Cutout for lanyard

fcore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have managed to get a wrist strap cord through the speakers doubled hole in the back of the Galaxy note 2.

It seems to be somehow round-shaped to the exterior, enabling space to be used by a passing cord. Although it does not feel as safe as the strap-hole in my Galaxy S2, it seems to do a good job. Have anyone tried this alternative? Any pros or cons?
[]'s

wokitsu

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
For my current phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 , and previous phone, a Galaxy S Continuum, I threaded fishing line through the back cover slot and looped it around the battery. It worked fine for those lighter phones. I'm curious whether such a setup will work on a Galaxy Note 2 that has a slot on the side of the back cover, and hope someone would try out this setup. I posted a Youtube video at

Retractable leash for mobile phone - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude