Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Leather side cases for the Note 2

Has anyone found a good leather horizontal case/pouch with a belt clip? Too me that's the only way to carry a phone that big. I found a few offerings so far, namely from a company called pdair and while their offering comes close to what I want, the top of the phone is only protected by a small strap to keep it from falling out. I would rather have a flap covering the whole phone for added protection. I want to bet my order in early so I will have the thing when the phone arrives.

Anyone find anything good?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Leather side cases for the Note 2

I'm considering the same type of pouch. In looking at the cases that were made for the Note 1, if they have the whole flap coming over the top is they have a magnetic closure. Saw somewhere that will cause a problem with S Note.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

The note 2 is taller than the note, so that might be an issue. Just about every one of those cases have a magnet in them to keep the flap shut, not really sure why there would be a problem?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Found it: !!!DO NOT USE!!! a magnetic buckle case - xda-developers

Perhaps it's only a problem on this mfg case?

Edit: Did a search "galaxy note" magnetic case problem and found many people discussing this problem in the original note.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    4,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

According to that post it's only affecting the phone because the phone is meant to be permanently in that case and therefore is always close to that magnet. I am considering this case...

PDair Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Leather Case - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black)

The screen will always be off when in that case, except for the short time when it comes on during a text message notification or a phone call. But yeah, I am wondering about long term affects. My GS3 has been in a Seidio leather side case that also uses an embedded magnet to keep the flap closed and neither my GS2 or my GS3 had any problems with the screen, but of course, neither of those phones have an S Pen. That problem kind of reminds me of issues with old tube TVs and magnets....take a speaker and run that over an old tube TV and all the colors go out of whack. I think I am going to email Samsung about that to see if they know anything about the close proximity of a case magnet causing potential permanent damage to the screen as far as S pen operation goes.

Thanks for finding this issue, I had no clue.