Samsung Flip Cover Video Review (Genuine Samsung Case for Galaxy Note 2)

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Video Review
Samsung Flip Cover Review (Genuine Samsung Case for Galaxy Note 2) - YouTube

Follow Up Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-sJOMwj8E

Flip Cover is a genuine case by Samsung. Just bought one today for about $35 USD. There's a lot of knockoff's on ebay. Make sure you get one that replaces the back cover and comes with nfc.

Pros:
  • Very cool, elegant design, and great idea. You'll want to show it off to your friends.
  • It eliminates wobble problem.
  • You can talk with the case on.
  • Volume still controllable through flap.
  • Adds very little thickness and width.
  • Very good materials.
  • Back feels more sturdy.

Issues:
  • Makes notification light useless when it is closed.
  • Expensive, at least for the moment.
  • White case may be more prone to staining.

Other:
  • I wish the flap, although it sits flush, had some kind of magnetic attachment.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

Last edited:

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Where did you acquire this Samsung flip-cover case?

Samsung says they are "out of stock" and I haven't located 'em anywhere else.

I got mine from a Phones4U here in the UK. I suppose when its out in the US something like Best Buy will carry them. You should check e-bay in any case. You might be lucky

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I got it in a case store in South Korea. They are pretty easy to find here, but even then, they seem to run out of stock daily and have to rely on shipments at noon. :) The Samsung website sells them. In my opinion, you should try to get one here. They sometimes have great discount codes. Too many fakes on ebay. Or go with a ebay trusted seller, who says it is OEM and genuine.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I got it in a case store in South Korea. They are pretty easy to find here, but even then, they seem to run out of stock daily and have to rely on shipments at noon. :) The Samsung website sells them. In my opinion, you should try to get one here. They sometimes have great discount codes. Too many fakes on ebay. Or go with a ebay trusted seller, who says it is OEM and genuine.

Since I don't do ebay, no prob there! The Samsung site continues to be out of stock---and says to allow Samsung two weeks to get them in stock. I want the Samsung flip-cover for certain so I s'pose I'll just await availability. But I don't want to order till they are in stock---just in case I locate them locally.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've only had mine 5 days, and the edges are already starting to peel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another question, have you tried to put it in a car mount with the flip cover? I've asked this same question in other threads but yet to get an answer. Like the Samsung official car mount or the iBolt. can you flip the cover back behind the device and still mount it securely? Or do you have to keep the cover closed, covering the screen for the mount to work properly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers