Note 2 Screen Glimmer

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had my note 2 for just over a week now and it's an incredible phone, however i'd like some input on a potential issue. I have my screen brightness on the lowest setting (not a lot of sun here) and I'm sure it didn't do this on the first few days but the screen seems to shimmer a little. This is most noticeable where there is a white area of the screen surrounded by darker elements - and is less noticeable/not noticeable on higher brightnesses.

Battery charge level appears to make no difference.

Is this a problem that has come up at all before?

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I know that sometimes when I don't sleep for extended periods of time, my eyes plays tricks on me like this. Digital alrarm clocks will start having trails.... If that is not the problem, keep in mind that millions of these get mass produced, and especially during initial roll out, they can't all be perfect. Hope you can get it replaced because mine doesn't do anything like this in lowest manual brightness. But I do not have the UK version either. Just giving my 2 cents.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

Last edited:

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I thought it might have been the eye thing too, the first time I noticed it I was really tired and just thought nothing of it. However over the next few days when I compared it against other screens it seemed to be a definite thing even when awake :) It's most obvious when compared to a screen next to it of another phone. I've sent a message to the seller on amazon asking what I should do. Thanks for the input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21