Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

I talked to the German Samsung support a few days ago. They told me that the 32gb version probably won't come out this year. But they are not sure... .

So maybe for you guys in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    You could also download the user manual and give yourself a head start. I've learned a lot from it. This is the first phone I've had in years in which the user manual was actually useful.
    I have it in my phone for quick reference.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    +1. Did the same thing, and I also find it very useful.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcd348 View Post
    I still haven't seen any tear apart shots so the question still remains for me.

Is the internal memory hard wired into the board or is it by way of an internally installed microSD type card? If it is via the card, I see no reason why we couldn't open it p and install a new 32gb microSD card ourselves. That's what I did with my Arrive to move it from 16-32gb. I installed a new card and hard reset, the card was recognized and I then had a 32gb Arrive.
    Why don't you look for a Galaxy S3 teardown, they should be somewhat identical in construction internally. I would venture a guess that it is trans flash memory as Samsung is pretty much the world leader in memory chip manufacturing.

As a side note, I have 101 apps installed and only use 1.5gb of storage on my 16gb note 2. All of my music or pictures go directly to my 32gb sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    Why don't you look for a Galaxy S3 teardown, they should be somewhat identical in construction internally. I would venture a guess that it is trans flash memory as Samsung is pretty much the world leader in memory chip manufacturing.

As a side note, I have 101 apps installed and only use 1.5gb of storage on my 16gb note 2. All of my music or pictures go directly to my 32gb sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    THe problem comes into play when you are using something other than music and pictures. As it's been discovered in the other thread about movies, all the DRM stuff goes internally. I like to listen to podcasts and video casts so my biggest concern is that I would be forced to use up my internal storage for these. I honestly have not played enough with Android to see what and how it all works with this so my concerns could be unfounded.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Way to go. I plan to root my the minute I get it. Still waiting for T-Mo to FedX, Back order, but happy to paid $199 (dam good price). Now only if they have 128GB SD class10 that will fix. And I'm all good to go.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

New guy here, still learning about all this. I'll probably be moving into a Note 2 soon, coming from a Windows Phone. How exactly is the memory installed on the Galaxy and Note devices? Do they also use embedded chips in the hardware? I was able to upgrade my Arrive from 16-32gb by tearing into it and installing a 32gb SD Card. Is the memory hardwired into the circuitry? Is there some reason why only the 16gb version is being sent to the States, yet everyone else gets the options for the 32 and 64gb versions?
    The reason we got the 16GB, because it was a left over from Korea.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I still haven't seen any tear apart shots so the question still remains for me.

Is the internal memory hard wired into the board or is it by way of an internally installed microSD type card? If it is via the card, I see no reason why we couldn't open it p and install a new 32gb microSD card ourselves. That's what I did with my Arrive to move it from 16-32gb. I installed a new card and hard reset, the card was recognized and I then had a 32gb Arrive.
    When i get my. i will open it up and find out for you... let you know soon. Wait.. No need. check this site out. he already dnoe it.
    Last edited by Jeff Smith2; 11-29-2012 at 12:54 AM.

I heard the 64gb gs3 was cancelled. But I would have gotten get the 32gb if it was available. But the 16 is satisfactory enough. If anything my 16gb micro sd can compensate. I just think internal memory is more secure if you lose your phone.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Sign this petition to Samsung for the 32gb and 64 gb versions.

Quote Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
    in responce to you can not run apps from the external sd card slot
    have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
    you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
    works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
    just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.
    App2sd doesn't function with non-rooted S3 nor with Note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

any news on this issue?
    Would love to pull the trigger on a Note II from Verizon but they only have the 16GB version.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    +1. Did the same thing, and I also find it very useful.
    I did it two days ago and went through it for 2 nights until I'd read it all. Really helpful!

Wait so you can't put movies on the SD card? Only internal memory? If this is the case I'm a little disappointed. I have no problem with using Internal memory for apps and the OS and all that but I was hoping I could throw movies, music and photos on the SD card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Dude think about what you just said

Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Wait so you can't put movies on the SD card? Only internal memory? If this is the case I'm a little disappointed. I have no problem with using Internal memory for apps and the OS and all that but I was hoping I could throw movies, music and photos on the SD card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Hey guys the only work around that I have been able to come up with on my puny 16gig Note 2 is to just copy over my large, less often used apps to my 64gig SD manually by using any file manager app, browsing to Andriod>Data or Andriod>OBB folders. I still have about 20 GIGs left on my 64gig and whenever I want to play a rarely played, memory hogging app, I just copy it back to the internal memory.

Its a lot faster to just copy the data over to the Internal memory when you actually wanna play it instead of deleting, re-downloading and not to meantion losing all of your game progress.

I know this sucks but if you are like me and you simply have to have the Note 2 and the same games you have been playing in a 32gig galaxy 3 like myself, this may be the only way for now.

Hope this helps.

Default And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Conley View Post
    Dude think about what you just said
    There was nothing wrong with what I said.

I saw mention that movies won't play from the SD card, only if the movie is on internal storage. That disappoints me.

I would rather my internal storage be for things needed like the OS, Apps and stuff like that and store my music, movies and photos on the SD card. I don't want movies taking up my internal storage.

If you are saying because I accidentally said memory instead of storage once in the post please forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    I would LOVE to get a 64GB note 2...but I doubt anyone in america will get one. Lucky if any of us on any provider will get a 32... Most likely a 16G, which is stupid. Why do I want less memory? We shall see....
    I agree with you. Samsung is toying with us here. Maybe they thought non Koreans are stupid. When they announced a 64Gb Galaxy Note 2, it should be available on Day 1, not have us wait on whether they MIGHT make it. They already cancelled the 64GB version of the S3. Its like they throw Jelly Bean and Quadcore speed at you and then say nothing much is worth installing? That nothing much is worth saving? Its a good thing that this post is an edited version otherwise admin might band me on my first day for swearing. Well, I'm sticking with my Nokia N900 which already has a 32GB internal in 2009. Wait till I get my 64GB micro sdxc and its 96GB of real estate. Who needs Samsung? Certainly not when they're bullying us like this.
    duff60901 likes this.

It just makes no sense that Samsung would build a top of the line phone for power users and then hobble it intentionally so that power users would not want it. If they continue to announce features for their phones that are never offered outside Korea (like the 64gb version of the S3, and now the note 2 in 32gb and 64gb) they will get a reputation for not delivering what they say, people will know not to believe their announcements. Supposedly the S4 and Note 3 will have 128 gb versions. Does anyone actually believe that????
    Samsung was long unable to keep up with demand when the S3 first came out and it seems that we are probably suffering a similar fate now and they feel no need to offer even a 32 gb version in major markets.
    duff60901 likes this.

I have a Note 2 and I also have a 64 gb SanDisk Micro SDXC cars in it and it works great. Get the Fastest SD CARD you can and I now have 80gb of memory on my Note! Threw are also apps that tell you what can be moved to the card from the phone memory. So search for the apps that let you know and help you move Apps to the SD card from the phone memory. Additionally I had a Motorola Razr Maxx HD and it will support the 64gb card even though it says 32 is the max.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

You can put movies on the sd, unless you get them from the play store...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

I am so disappointed NOW! At first, I wanted to buy the 64GB Note 2, but then they insist they have 16GB but I can add the memory using the 32GB.. And its not working! It says my primary storage is emulated?!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123