Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

I was going to get a 32GB SIII, but Radio Shack is still not offering yet (I wanted to save $50.00 on the price). So now that Note 2 is coming I want that in the 32GB, but no one really saying when it will arrive.
    Brent.Allsop likes this.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

I would LOVE to get a 64GB note 2...but I doubt anyone in america will get one. Lucky if any of us on any provider will get a 32... Most likely a 16G, which is stupid. Why do I want less memory? We shall see....

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

My 64GB Class 10 Micro SD card should be here early next week. All I need now is a Note 2 to puit it in.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by losmorob View Post
    My 64GB Class 10 Micro SD card should be here early next week. All I need now is a Note 2 to puit it in.
    You can not put apps on micro SD card and this is true for the SII and Note 2
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

The micro simple slot is nearly useless to have on these devices unless you are interested in storing a lot of music and pictures. Most apps will not function when placed on the sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I'd at least like to see the 32GB version offered, they offer it for S3 here in Canada. Maybe they'll get one in a few weeks/months after launch.
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Obviously the external memory is nice. Some people do have TONS of music and movies/tv shows. Instead of streaming them. Very usefull to have 64gb of em!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    The micro simple slot is nearly useless to have on these devices unless you are interested in storing a lot of music and pictures. Most apps will not function when placed on the sd card.

Yup, that's the plan. It's going to be my primary camera as well as music storage. I don't know the size of Apps on Android. I have a boatload on my 3GS (including games I never play anymore) and they use up a little over 5GB.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I'm also coming from a 32gb 3GS and was able to store tons of apps, music, and some movies without worry. I'm hoping android app size aren too large in comparison to iOS apps, if even.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post

Seriously? I move all sorts of apps to my SD card on my HTC 3VO. Is this a Samsung thing? Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Seriously? I move all sorts of apps to my SD card on my HTC 3VO. Is this a Samsung thing? Not cool.
    I was wondering the same thing because I have tons of apps on my sd storage for my NS4G and don't have any issues. Although, there are some apps that won't make the move.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    I think it more and ICS and JB thing. Motorola does it to on the RAZR MAXX.

You all are forgeting the difference with Honeycomb and above with how storage is handled. You won't have the seperate system storage, and internal USB storage, and Micro SD card. All internal storage is usable as the same space. That ws a change first on the Honeycomb tablets, and it followed to any new device that launches with ICS. So effectively you will have 13GB for internal storage for apps, and then hopefully the move to SD will move some of the functional apps to the SD Card of whatever size you get.

As far as issues moving apps to SD, it really depends on the kind of app. As a general rule never move widges to the SD card if you can help it. Apps that have to load like games, or EBooks will work fine from the SD given you have a decent one. Keep in mind mind if you you have a cheap class 2 SD that can also make a differnce on usability.
    Last edited by mavrrick; 10-23-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Add info about move2sd
    Thanked by:

Did you ever get your note 2. I got one and read somewhere in the packaging that it was able to be upgraded to 48 gb considering it already has 16 gb onboard. Please let me know if you get a 64 gb card working in it as I would like to get one but can't afford to take the chance on it not working and buy a 32 gb later.

Many thanks,

John

I too would really love to see the 32gb version since i tend to use lots of apps but im also gonna get SD card cuz i tend to carry tons of music, pictures, and video as well
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

The memory is a rather small portion of the cost on a $650 phone, I wish 32GB was the minimum. On the other hand the nexus devices seem to be getting smaller. At least I am happy with 16GB and a 64GB sd card.

in responce to you can not run apps from the external sd card slot
    have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
    you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
    works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
    just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.

Default And what about the 32GB and 64GB Note 2

Is it fair to say that it can't be done out of the box? Because that's truly the point. If you have to root and mod the kernel to do it, that's still a significant caveat.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920
    ScandaLeX likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
    have you ever heard of an app called app2sd that lets you run apps from the sd card?
    you can also partition your sd card and have your dalvik cashe setting in your kernel point to that ext-4 partition instead.
    works on every single solitary android device i have ever worked with, including makes by samsung, htc, zte, hwaie or however you spell that.
    just wate on a rom maker to include it in a rom or mod the kernel yourself to make the change. but dont say that it cant be done.
    It can't be done unless you root the device. Everyone isn't interested in rooting their device.

ScandaLeX likes this.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Honestly, I could never under the big need to run apps from the sd card. I know games are getting bigger and what not, but at the end of the day, if you have over 100 apps installed, how many do you REALLY use on a regular basis? I've had up to 150 apps installed on my 16GB GS3 without issue. Can someone try to explain to me why this is such a big deal? I'm honestly curious so keep the flamethrowers turned off lol.
    alikoyyy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
    Honestly, I could never under the big need to run apps from the sd card. I know games are getting bigger and what not, but at the end of the day, if you have over 100 apps installed, how many do you REALLY use on a regular basis? I've had up to 150 apps installed on my 16GB GS3 without issue. Can someone try to explain to me why this is such a big deal? I'm honestly curious so keep the flamethrowers turned off lol.
    Like you said, games are getting bigger. Really big. Stick just a few high-end games on a 16GB phone and you aren't left with that much space for the rest of your smaller apps or data. I'm a pretty big gamer, so that could be an issue for me. Another example in my case is Spotify. I intend to use Spotify to listen to music at work, but I will have to cache the music on the phone so I don't eat through limited data. By default, the app saves this music on the phone's internal storage. From what I understand, there is a workaround that allows you to cache the music to the SD card, but this may not always be the case.

Not having larger storage options is a big negative for me. I had been planning on getting a 32GB GS3, but now I am contemplating the Note 2. I just have to convince myself I can get away with 16GB of internal storage. There are a lot of critics out there who chastise people for wanting more internal storage, which I've never understood. As if having access to more (if not all) of your media is somehow a negative.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Samsung has sold over 3 million Galaxy Note 2's. And not a one was either 32GB or 64GB. WOW!!!
    When will we see the big boys?

Quote Originally Posted by geekjohn View Post
    Did you ever get your note 2. I got one and read somewhere in the packaging that it was able to be upgraded to 48 gb considering it already has 16 gb onboard. Please let me know if you get a 64 gb card working in it as I would like to get one but can't afford to take the chance on it not working and buy a 32 gb later.

Many thanks,

John
    Quote Originally Posted by glassygurl View Post
    I too would really love to see the 32gb version since i tend to use lots of apps but im also gonna get SD card cuz i tend to carry tons of music, pictures, and video as well
    Quote Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081 View Post
    You can swap your storage and can have your sdcard as internal storage but you need to roo your device , this thing works 100% on note 2. I am using it already.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshraja View Post
    You can swap your storage and can have your sdcard as internal storage but you need to roo your device , this thing works 100% on note 2. I am using it already.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/03/vedusa6e.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    How do you do that? I am stock rooted?

I don't tend to play the large games (I'm more of a puzzle game kind of guy) so while I would love to have 128GB of storage, I can live with 80GB.

I do have one question. Do I have control over where the camera save its pictures and videos? I tend to use the camera a lot, and it would be nice to have that go to the external storage.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast