Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Video Review
Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks) - YouTube

Samsung states 16 hours video playback time, 70 hours of music, 990 minutes of talk time, 290 hours on standby with LTE on. Well, none of that really matters.

First day I got it I did tethering, full brightness comparison, benchmarks, and I still got 12 hours on the first charge. Since then I got 18 hours on moderate to heavy usage days. 24-28 hours on light use.

2.5 hours to charge through the AC with the phone off. 8.5 hours to charge with the phone of through the computer USB port.
Battery meter is at true 100% and it will start going to 99% minutes after it has booted. But no worries, the battery capacity is good. Traditionally Android devices report 100% when it is in actually anywhere from 100-80%. It just didn't make sense for them to tell you 100% battery for the first 4 hours of usage. LOL

The battery has double capacity of like a Galaxy S2, but that translates to 3 or 4 times longer battery life. Why? How? It is because You may blow through an entire charge of a 1650 mAH battery in a single 3.5 hour sitting of gaming. But you probably can't play a game for 7 hours. So you give the phone more time to stand by than you would on a standard battery.

One last thing is when you get that 15% warning, you no longer feel the panic of having to charge your phone within an hour. Just try to not use it, or use it very lightly and you're good for like 4 hours until you get home to charge it. I got the 15 minute warning, and just for my amusement, I went to sleep. Only to wake up next morning and still see 10%!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Check out my huge collection of 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Videos (Demos, Accessory Reviews)

Last edited:

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Coming from an epic touch with an extended battery that barely lasts me a day this is very exciting news!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that I have been experiencing similar results on my personal tests of the note's battery. It's above and beyond any other smartphone I have ever owned in every single aspect I can think of!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
And we have to keep in mind that he is in South Korea and is using LTE.... The reviewers here using the same version use HSPA+ and always warn that because of their not using LTE, battery life might not be as good for us once we get our LTE versions. Pretty happy to read this!

Great job on all your videos LucidMike!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Exciting to see all these videos Mike!
I have 3 batteries for my current Note but I don't think I will need any for the Note II.
That alone will save me $50.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I must also note that I am on LTE. And although there may be some people reporting crazy times like 2.5 days not on LTE and I'm guessing managing their battery more conservatively, I've only gotten about 28 hours. Maybe that is more realistic since most people are looking to use LTE with this phone.

ferodom

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Wazup ! I just received my note2 , 2 days ago, bought it from hong kong me living in London ,the guys from there supplied the package with a ''Hong Kong'' type of samsung charger plus uk adaptor for power supply
Surprisingly that charger with the uk adapter is filling the battery (10% to 100%) in 90 minutes and the standard samsung charger for uk in 3 hours.
Could somebody tell me what kind of witchcraft is this ??:eek:

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Wazup ! I just received my note2 , 2 days ago, bought it from hong kong me living in London ,the guys from there supplied the package with a ''Hong Kong'' type of samsung charger plus uk adaptor for power supply
Surprisingly that charger with the uk adapter is filling the battery (10% to 100%) in 90 minutes and the standard samsung charger for uk in 3 hours.
Could somebody tell me what kind of witchcraft is this ??:eek:

If I had to guess I would probably say that the amperage is higher than the UK standard charger. The amperage should be written somewhere on the body of the charger its a number next to a upper case A if you could tell me what it is.

ferodom

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes man you were right Hong kong charger has
INPUT100-240V 50-60 Hz 0.35A(0.35A)
OUTPUT 5.0V 2.0A

and the uk one
INPUT100-240V 50-60 Hz 0.15A
OUTPUT 5.0V 0.7A

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
That makes a big difference on how fast it charges.
However the UK charger I got with my Note is a 5.0V and 2.0A

Anbu90

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone just notified my that I needed to charge it and this is what the battery manager has to say about the battery. I think its amazing!!

Ez8Km.pngi54o3.png

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a small follow up. I went to go test the camera and video recording features. I pretty much kept the device on at full brightness for about 4.5 hours shooting pics and video and my device lasted 6 hours total. But on the other hand I'm finally giving this device some breathing room and I could see this thing go a day and a half, even with pretty frequent, but short uses. If I just let it alone waiting for phone calls, easily 2 days.

rivera003

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: whats the point of leaving my sprint GN2 on CDMA/LTE if I don't have LTE where I live? Should I leave it on CDMA/LTE or just CDMA? Will it make any difference either way?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Your LTE radio will keep searching for a signal I would think, so I would turn lte off. I don't have lte where I am, so I have it off.

Sent from my Note2

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Curious but it takes my phone extremely long to do a full charge. You said 2.5hrs on a regular outlet. I would only get 35% back in that time period. Do I have a defective battery or device?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Curious but it takes my phone extremely long to do a full charge. You said 2.5hrs on a regular outlet. I would only get 35% back in that time period. Do I have a defective battery or device?

Are you using the charger that came with the phone? The Note 2 uses a 2 amp charger; if you use a standard charger, it will take forever.

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I use the stock charger with the phone powered off. My wife's note 2 charges insanely quick compared to mine and she leaves hers on.

Nauticalwe

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I have been charging since last 4 hr 15mins and it's only charged till 59% and the battery life sucks too, I made a minimum use of just browsing for no more than 2 hrs, no videos watched, brightness on auto and phone dead within 12 hrs. Charging has been an issue only today, when I bought it 2 days ago - it charged within 2 hrs but the battery life was since the first day. Is it the battery or am I doing something wrong when using it? You guys seems to be having great battery life and it just sucks here, this mobile was bought from HK.

Thanks heaps for any help.

mstraw9379

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I watched this video and it had the CC on. I noticed this at the 10 second mark.

battery.jpg

3100 million dollar battery. Must be a pretty good one.