Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)

Video Review

Samsung states 16 hours video playback time, 70 hours of music, 990 minutes of talk time, 290 hours on standby with LTE on. Well, none of that really matters.

First day I got it I did tethering, full brightness comparison, benchmarks, and I still got 12 hours on the first charge. Since then I got 18 hours on moderate to heavy usage days. 24-28 hours on light use.

2.5 hours to charge through the AC with the phone off. 8.5 hours to charge with the phone of through the computer USB port.
    Battery meter is at true 100% and it will start going to 99% minutes after it has booted. But no worries, the battery capacity is good. Traditionally Android devices report 100% when it is in actually anywhere from 100-80%. It just didn't make sense for them to tell you 100% battery for the first 4 hours of usage. LOL

The battery has double capacity of like a Galaxy S2, but that translates to 3 or 4 times longer battery life. Why? How? It is because You may blow through an entire charge of a 1650 mAH battery in a single 3.5 hour sitting of gaming. But you probably can't play a game for 7 hours. So you give the phone more time to stand by than you would on a standard battery.

One last thing is when you get that 15% warning, you no longer feel the panic of having to charge your phone within an hour. Just try to not use it, or use it very lightly and you're good for like 4 hours until you get home to charge it. I got the 15 minute warning, and just for my amusement, I went to sleep. Only to wake up next morning and still see 10%!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Check out my huge collection of (Demos, Accessory Reviews)
    Last edited by Lucidmike; 10-27-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Thanked by 19:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)

Wow! Coming from an epic touch with an extended battery that barely lasts me a day this is very exciting news!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

I have to say that I have been experiencing similar results on my personal tests of the note's battery. It's above and beyond any other smartphone I have ever owned in every single aspect I can think of!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

And we have to keep in mind that he is in South Korea and is using LTE.... The reviewers here using the same version use HSPA+ and always warn that because of their not using LTE, battery life might not be as good for us once we get our LTE versions. Pretty happy to read this!

Great job on all your videos LucidMike!

Exciting to see all these videos Mike!
    I have 3 batteries for my current Note but I don't think I will need any for the Note II.
    That alone will save me $50.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. I must also note that I am on LTE. And although there may be some people reporting crazy times like 2.5 days not on LTE and I'm guessing managing their battery more conservatively, I've only gotten about 28 hours. Maybe that is more realistic since most people are looking to use LTE with this phone.

Wazup ! I just received my note2 , 2 days ago, bought it from hong kong me living in London ,the guys from there supplied the package with a ''Hong Kong'' type of samsung charger plus uk adaptor for power supply
    Surprisingly that charger with the uk adapter is filling the battery (10% to 100%) in 90 minutes and the standard samsung charger for uk in 3 hours.
    Could somebody tell me what kind of witchcraft is this ??

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ferodom View Post
    Wazup ! I just received my note2 , 2 days ago, bought it from hong kong me living in London ,the guys from there supplied the package with a ''Hong Kong'' type of samsung charger plus uk adaptor for power supply
    Surprisingly that charger with the uk adapter is filling the battery (10% to 100%) in 90 minutes and the standard samsung charger for uk in 3 hours.
    Could somebody tell me what kind of witchcraft is this ??
    If I had to guess I would probably say that the amperage is higher than the UK standard charger. The amperage should be written somewhere on the body of the charger its a number next to a upper case A if you could tell me what it is.

Yes man you were right Hong kong charger has
    INPUT100-240V 50-60 Hz 0.35A(0.35A)
    OUTPUT 5.0V 2.0A

and the uk one
    INPUT100-240V 50-60 Hz 0.15A
    OUTPUT 5.0V 0.7A

ROM
    Stock

That makes a big difference on how fast it charges.
    However the UK charger I got with my Note is a 5.0V and 2.0A

ROM
    Stock

The phone just notified my that I needed to charge it and this is what the battery manager has to say about the battery. I think its amazing!!

Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)-ez8km.pngGalaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)-i54o3.png
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Just a small follow up. I went to go test the camera and video recording features. I pretty much kept the device on at full brightness for about 4.5 hours shooting pics and video and my device lasted 6 hours total. But on the other hand I'm finally giving this device some breathing room and I could see this thing go a day and a half, even with pretty frequent, but short uses. If I just let it alone waiting for phone calls, easily 2 days.

Quick question: whats the point of leaving my sprint GN2 on CDMA/LTE if I don't have LTE where I live? Should I leave it on CDMA/LTE or just CDMA? Will it make any difference either way?

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Your LTE radio will keep searching for a signal I would think, so I would turn lte off. I don't have lte where I am, so I have it off.

Sent from my Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Curious but it takes my phone extremely long to do a full charge. You said 2.5hrs on a regular outlet. I would only get 35% back in that time period. Do I have a defective battery or device?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haucore View Post
    Curious but it takes my phone extremely long to do a full charge. You said 2.5hrs on a regular outlet. I would only get 35% back in that time period. Do I have a defective battery or device?

Are you using the charger that came with the phone? The Note 2 uses a 2 amp charger; if you use a standard charger, it will take forever.

Yes. I use the stock charger with the phone powered off. My wife's note 2 charges insanely quick compared to mine and she leaves hers on.

I have the same issue, I have been charging since last 4 hr 15mins and it's only charged till 59% and the battery life sucks too, I made a minimum use of just browsing for no more than 2 hrs, no videos watched, brightness on auto and phone dead within 12 hrs. Charging has been an issue only today, when I bought it 2 days ago - it charged within 2 hrs but the battery life was since the first day. Is it the battery or am I doing something wrong when using it? You guys seems to be having great battery life and it just sucks here, this mobile was bought from HK.

Thanks heaps for any help.

Charging using stock charger,

I watched this video and it had the CC on. I noticed this at the 10 second mark.

Galaxy Note 2 Battery Life Review (After 2 Weeks)-battery.jpg

3100 million dollar battery. Must be a pretty good one.

It seems like I get almost 1% every minute on the stock charger. Perhaps it not quite that fast since it takes 150 minutes for a full charge as some people say.

That said, the battery life is phenomenal. I'm used to bump charging, and even though I'm not as religious as I used to be with my S2, I've never gone below 25%. I've never heard the low battery chirp on this phone in the two weeks I've had it. I used to immediately plug my S2 into the charger as soon as I got home. Now I just keep using it even if I'm at 50%. It just lasts forever in comparison.

I just have my Note 2 4 days ago and I notice that with just plain browsing on the phone like checking the Apps, Messages, Settings I would lose like 1% of my battery in just 10-15 minutes of usage.
    This is my first time to own an Android device. Is this normal on Note 2 battery?

By the way, I had just restored the my Note 2 to factory settings because I was thinking that maybe there are some services running on the background but I notice that I still get the same result and still losing 1% of battery in just 10-15 minutes of usage.

Current settings:
    Screen Brightness: Set in the middle but not set to "Auto".
    Mobile Data: Off
    LTE: None
    Power Savings: On
    WIFI: Off

I just wanted to know if this is normal with draining of battery on Note 2 or not because if it is I'll ask the store to replace the battery.
    I hope someone can give me info on this.

Thanks.

It's normal and ok. One percent at ten minutes use would average out to 1000 minutes at 100 percent so although you wouldn't be able to use it that long on a charge, it's totally normal.

The Nottinator
    Last edited by Markster1; 11-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Thanked by:

It makes me feel a little bit happy now but still kinda disappointed because I'm used in using the low-end phones at the battery life is just simplay amazing.
    I think this is just how this high end phones works. I'm happy that we all share this same frustrations.

Just another quick question:
    I also noticed that if I'm on wifi with the normal usage of browsing or making it idle for few minutes and then go back and check facebook or read some news that the max life batt is more or less 4 hours.
    This is also normal right?

I'm sorry guys but it's just this is my first time to own this kind of own though I'm not happy with how the battery works and how this have limit my usage or take advantage of the great feature it have but nonetheless, I feel great and shocked to all the amazing features it has. This is an awesome phone!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

4 hours? That is unspeakably bad. First off, are you doing a quality charge? Charge with the power adapter that came with the phone. Don't use blackberry, iPhone, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, aftermarket chargers. Not saying they don't work, but let's rule that out of the equation. And charge over the AC.

Second, you should put a Application Monitor widget on your homescreen. That should rule out any glaring obvious app that is sucking the life out of the phone.

If that doesn't work, I would try installing OS Monitor. See if there are any background processes that is killing battery life.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast