Should I get the international version?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about just getting the N7100 that is showing up in places. I'm on Straight Talk so I don't get LTE, and that's not likely to change soon. Also doesn't the international version get updates faster? Seems that way. Thoughts?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
International versions of android phones do get updates faster because the carriers overseas dont really screw with the updates before they release them. Youd be paying full price for the phone though.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Int'l version ordered thru Worldwide Dist on Amazon, the girl in Cust Serv told me all their phones are warrantied for one year thru Samsung UK... Paid 685.00+29.99 overnight and that may seem like a lot to some BEFORE you actually get it, but after it arrives within 5 min it feels like "the bargain of the century"...lol

I'm running it on STRAIGHT TALK... I think it is the MOST awesome device, and no carrier bloatware is a great thing, PLUS battery life is INSANE, with an LTE radio it will prob be just "ok"... Here's a video made with tips/tricks and some Straight Talk info is on it as well...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQMT5PuHAI&list=UU-xOxPoQXnvEQKqkucrM_Cg&index=1&feature=plcp

Sorry its so long, i tried to post the youtube page because i have all the "times broken down by feature" but i couldn't get it to post just the youtube link....it insisted on embedding the video here...lol

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, though I expect straight talk to be as easy as plug in the APN. I think the us announcement is this week and I am out on business anyway so I guess I will wait and see what that holds at least. Pretty much sold on the international version, must be better than whatever the US carriers are going to do to it.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the international one today from eBay daily deals for $589..... that's a deal if u ask me.... now I'm just waiting for it..... talk about being anxious for the next few days.... :D I'm on att so it be up and running in no time.... anyone using it att????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the international one today from eBay daily deals for $589..... that's a deal if u ask me.... now I'm just waiting for it..... talk about being anxious for the next few days.... :D I'm on att so it be up and running in no time.... anyone using it att????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It is, you have a link for it?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, pretty sure I will go with an international one but I will at least see the coverage for the us release tomorrow. Unless I run across another of those deals, rather wish I caught that.