Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence76taylor View Post
    Maybe syncing too Much Stuff. But one thing I've noticed is that you are leaving your screen on whole lot more than other people .
    They're "not leaving their screen on" its called ~usage~

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
    saltysteve likes this.
  2. #27  
    randyw's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 JB. (for Now)

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    I might help to set the brightness down a bit, or put it on Auto
  3. #28  
    TenshiNo's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by decke003 View Post
    Read anandtech's review. He was predicting that the Note 2 would have better battery life on LTE than on T-mobile's 42mpbs gsm network. Apparently the new LTE modem on this device is extremely efficient. This would be very exciting if it holds true.



    "On T-Mobile DC-HSPA+ the Note 2 also does pretty well, its in the upper third of our results, still above the SGS3, and among other phones I subjectively consider to have great battery life on cellular like the One X (8960). I suspect if I had been able able to get the Note 2 on AT&T LTE (more on that later) wed see even better run time thanks again to the race to idle advantage that you get with the faster air interface." - anandtech
    This is one of the first of the new generation of LTE radios integrated into the SoC. Should be much more efficient than previous model. Especially the 1st gen (like the HTC Thunderbolt) because those weren't actually part of the SoC itself and so used 2-3 times the juice of the new models.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    I'm on my Friday full day with my Note and ink probably hit around 16+ hours on it. But I'm happy with the battery life considering I haven't put the damn thing down and I'm in an area with LTE.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Mrosales1122 likes this.
  5. #30  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    I am very impressed with the power savings on this phone, combined with a large battery the thing goes well over a day of use for me. Even heavy use is OK.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Battery life after a full day GN2-uploadfromtaptalk1351951784831.jpg

    My battery usually lasts 10hours and as you can see my screen is almost always on. When I'm not connected to WiFi I'm connected to 3G. I'm always using the Internet on this thing because reading is such a great experience.

    The only time my battery suffers significant drain is when I use it to stream music from 8Tracks and blast music via Bluetooth speakers. While reading on Pulse/Flipboard/Stumbleupon. My battery life is shortened to 6-8 hours on a single charge but I don't mind I know those things are really power consuming. All in all the battery on this thing is impressive!

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by TenshiNo View Post
    This is one of the first of the new generation of LTE radios integrated into the SoC. Should be much more efficient than previous model. Especially the 1st gen (like the HTC Thunderbolt) because those weren't actually part of the SoC itself and so used 2-3 times the juice of the new models.
    I asked if LTE was SoC on the note 2 and its is not...the gs3's LTE is SoC bc of the snapdragon s4 but exynos does not have lte on the chip it is a seperate chip

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    i have the sprint galaxy note 2. just got it 2 days ago. the lowest it's ever gotten before it got put on the charger is 48% i leave wifi on 100% of the time and im only lacking wifi coverage when im on the road most of the time (work,home,parents house all wifi enabled) i have no 4g LTE here so i have the LTE radio shut off. i am obsessing over my battery results would you say these are in the realm of normal?


    Battery life after a full day GN2-screenshot_2012-11-09-15-58-45.pngBattery life after a full day GN2-screenshot_2012-11-09-15-34-25.png
    Last edited by sbuxreg; 11-09-2012 at 03:24 PM.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Yeah if your Note 2 is still brand new give it a week or two and the battery life might actually improve a little.
    Thanked by:
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    just seemed to me my screen drain was very high for the amount of time i actually used it. what you are seeing there is about 30 minutes of screen on time.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    13% battery drain after 6+ hrs with the wifi on is a good number though 50% for the screen is surprising if you say it's been awake ~30 mins. Maybe your screen brightness is really high? Try setting it to auto maybe.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    I still say wait for Verizon lte with heavy use to compare it's great battery life. 3g uses probably half the power that 4g lte uses. Or at least it seems that way
  13. #38  
    TenshiNo's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by ajost95 View Post
    I asked if LTE was SoC on the note 2 and its is not...the gs3's LTE is SoC bc of the snapdragon s4 but exynos does not have lte on the chip it is a seperate chip

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Yup. I was mistaken. Battery life on the Note 2 has still been quite impressive, though.
  14. #39  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Battery in a not great signal area isn't even a problem.

  15. #40  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    35% down from last night and half of today...
    If I remember, ill screenshot it when I get to 5-10% battery. I usually get about 30 hours or more though..

  16. #41  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by TenshiNo View Post
    Yup. I was mistaken. Battery life on the Note 2 has still been quite impressive, though.
    0_o you nerco the thread, dude. I get a day and half out of this. I did got it to two full days with moderate use. Still impressive. Heck, netflix streaming on my phone for two hours watch get 10% off my battery. That is very impressive for me

    Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Please accompany screen shots with a screen shot of the screen on time too.

    While the battery on the Note 2 is still great compared to other phone, I did notice a significant drop when upgrading to a 4.1.2 rom. A lot of others seemed to notice this too. 4.1.1 offered amazingly good battery life in comparision.

    Strangely enough, I have found that setting wifi off and using data when the screen is off reduces the drain slightly when the phone is idle (on 4.1.2) which seems to defy logic and is in stark contrast to my previous phones. Not sure why this is but hopefully the next update will correct the increased idle drain people have been encountering since the new update with the exact same usage as before.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    I am getting 25% - 40% left when I charge at bed time. Usually off charger at 7:00 and back on a midnight. I am almost always in 4G LTE, but will sometimes travel to 3G. I don't have anything turned off as far as location, GPS, etc. I have push email for 2 personal accounts, plus my corporate account through Good, which is push too. Brightness is set on Auto.

    You really shouldn't have to worry about the battery unless you are in a poor signal area.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  19. #44  
    loco90's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Spent the day yesterday skiing. I was running Ski Tracks app all day, listening to music, texting pictures and emailing video and still had 35% at the end of the day. I'm very happy with that.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I am getting 25% - 40% left when I charge at bed time. Usually off charger at 7:00 and back on a midnight. I am almost always in 4G LTE, but will sometimes travel to 3G. I don't have anything turned off as far as location, GPS, etc. I have push email for 2 personal accounts, plus my corporate account through Good, which is push too. Brightness is set on Auto.

    You really shouldn't have to worry about the battery unless you are in a poor signal area.
    Hello

    I was just wondering if you are on a 4.1.1 Rom or a 4.1.2 one?
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Big change in how the battery is or was between 4..1.1 and 4.1.2. The saddest part of this is nothing was disabled on 4.1.1, and on 4.1.2 everything from AT&T became a issue.
    There is no change log available.... and AT&T and Sammy continue to point fingers at eac other and use the famous words " I dont know ".
    They did something to our phones. Their paid for and our property. They should at LEAST SUPPLY a comprehensive change, add, delete and enhancments log so we can stop chasing our tails around in a circle like a dog.
    Or acknowledge whats done, explain it and work on a fix.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Big change in how the battery is or was between 4..1.1 and 4.1.2. The saddest part of this is nothing was disabled on 4.1.1, and on 4.1.2 everything from AT&T became a issue.
    There is no change log available.... and AT&T and Sammy continue to point fingers at eac other and use the famous words " I dont know ".
    They did something to our phones. Their paid for and our property. They should at LEAST SUPPLY a comprehensive change, add, delete and enhancments log so we can stop chasing our tails around in a circle like a dog.
    Or acknowledge whats done, explain it and work on a fix.
    Unfortunately this seems to be an issue with the updates Samsung released as my phone is unbranded, therefore I don't think ATAT are to blame (even though their bloatware probably doesn't help matters)

    You would like to think they will correct this because we all want back the battery life from 4.1.1. There's no reason for us to settle for this instead.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Quote Originally Posted by aquafusiondane View Post
    0_o you nerco the thread, dude. I get a day and half out of this. I did got it to two full days with moderate use. Still impressive. Heck, netflix streaming on my phone for two hours watch get 10% off my battery. That is very impressive for me

    Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2
    It's hard to believe that 2 hours of Netflix only cost you 10% battery life. So your phone would be able to do about 20 hours of continuous Netflix from full charge?

    I do a lot of video streaming (sports) and I get about 5 hours average before it completely shuts off.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by whatsitsname; 02-25-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Thanked by:
  24. #49  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    469 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2





    Not bad for my second day, not terribly heavy usage.

    sent from my galaxy note 2
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Battery life after a full day GN2

    Interesting stats.

    Aking me want the phone even more

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Better battery life after uninstalling facebook
    By johnnyshinta in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
  2. Horrible battery life after latest facebook update?
    By smccloud in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 08:09 PM
  3. Better battery life after the update?
    By kalifornia#ac in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
  4. Battery life after SetCPU, autokiller
    By GTvert90 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 07:20 PM
  5. Battery Life After 2.2 Update
    By caseydietz in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

B