Battery life after a full day GN2

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I was mistaken. Battery life on the Note 2 has still been quite impressive, though.

0_o you nerco the thread, dude. I get a day and half out of this. I did got it to two full days with moderate use. Still impressive. Heck, netflix streaming on my phone for two hours watch get 10% off my battery. That is very impressive for me

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Please accompany screen shots with a screen shot of the screen on time too.

While the battery on the Note 2 is still great compared to other phone, I did notice a significant drop when upgrading to a 4.1.2 rom. A lot of others seemed to notice this too. 4.1.1 offered amazingly good battery life in comparision.

Strangely enough, I have found that setting wifi off and using data when the screen is off reduces the drain slightly when the phone is idle (on 4.1.2) which seems to defy logic and is in stark contrast to my previous phones. Not sure why this is but hopefully the next update will correct the increased idle drain people have been encountering since the new update with the exact same usage as before.
Galaxy Note II software update (N7100XXDLL7) brings battery drain | SamMobile

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting 25% - 40% left when I charge at bed time. Usually off charger at 7:00 and back on a midnight. I am almost always in 4G LTE, but will sometimes travel to 3G. I don't have anything turned off as far as location, GPS, etc. I have push email for 2 personal accounts, plus my corporate account through Good, which is push too. Brightness is set on Auto.

You really shouldn't have to worry about the battery unless you are in a poor signal area.

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Spent the day yesterday skiing. I was running Ski Tracks app all day, listening to music, texting pictures and emailing video and still had 35% at the end of the day. I'm very happy with that.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am getting 25% - 40% left when I charge at bed time. Usually off charger at 7:00 and back on a midnight. I am almost always in 4G LTE, but will sometimes travel to 3G. I don't have anything turned off as far as location, GPS, etc. I have push email for 2 personal accounts, plus my corporate account through Good, which is push too. Brightness is set on Auto.

You really shouldn't have to worry about the battery unless you are in a poor signal area.
Hello

I was just wondering if you are on a 4.1.1 Rom or a 4.1.2 one?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Big change in how the battery is or was between 4..1.1 and 4.1.2. The saddest part of this is nothing was disabled on 4.1.1, and on 4.1.2 everything from AT&T became a issue.
There is no change log available.... and AT&T and Sammy continue to point fingers at eac other and use the famous words " I dont know ".
They did something to our phones. Their paid for and our property. They should at LEAST SUPPLY a comprehensive change, add, delete and enhancments log so we can stop chasing our tails around in a circle like a dog.
Or acknowledge whats done, explain it and work on a fix.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Big change in how the battery is or was between 4..1.1 and 4.1.2. The saddest part of this is nothing was disabled on 4.1.1, and on 4.1.2 everything from AT&T became a issue.
There is no change log available.... and AT&T and Sammy continue to point fingers at eac other and use the famous words " I dont know ".
They did something to our phones. Their paid for and our property. They should at LEAST SUPPLY a comprehensive change, add, delete and enhancments log so we can stop chasing our tails around in a circle like a dog.
Or acknowledge whats done, explain it and work on a fix.

Unfortunately this seems to be an issue with the updates Samsung released as my phone is unbranded, therefore I don't think ATAT are to blame (even though their bloatware probably doesn't help matters)

You would like to think they will correct this because we all want back the battery life from 4.1.1. There's no reason for us to settle for this instead.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
0_o you nerco the thread, dude. I get a day and half out of this. I did got it to two full days with moderate use. Still impressive. Heck, netflix streaming on my phone for two hours watch get 10% off my battery. That is very impressive for me

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

It's hard to believe that 2 hours of Netflix only cost you 10% battery life. So your phone would be able to do about 20 hours of continuous Netflix from full charge?

I do a lot of video streaming (sports) and I get about 5 hours average before it completely shuts off.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-02-25-21-51-22_zpsdea666d7.png

Screenshot_2013-02-25-21-51-29_zps88af10b7.png

Not bad for my second day, not terribly heavy usage.

sent from my galaxy note 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting stats.

Aking me want the phone even more

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if those with issues did a full reset after upgrade? Update was out already when I bought mine and I have had excellent battery life on 4.1.2. Can't imagine much of a difference.

Seen many threads suggesting factory reset after upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if those with issues did a full reset after upgrade? Update was out already when I bought mine and I have had excellent battery life on 4.1.2. Can't imagine much of a difference.

Seen many threads suggesting factory reset after upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I installed plenty different roms after doing full wipe within my CWM.

I can assure you there is a noticable difference. On 4.1.1 people would frequently get around 9 hours screen on time. The battery on 4.1.2 is still better than most phones, but there seems to be around a 30% difference according to a lot of people.

This needs to be fixed on the next update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie