Wifi keeps turning itself on!?!

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My WIFI is doing the opposite. It wont even turn on?? I select "On" and it just moves over to "Off" every time...Anyone else having this issue as well? Just upgraded to 4.3 and it started doing this.

Jon Likens

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I turned my wifi off, turned off smart search, and turned off the option to have wifi on while its in "sleep mode" but the having wifi on during sleep keeps switching itself back to always and I can't get it to stay off, how do i stop it from resetting back to "always on"?

Marisela Mendoza

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ive tried all those that pertained to my galaxy 2 none worked but I did find a solution that I thought I might share incase anyone else had my problem. I went to settings and under location services I made sure all of them were unchecked. Volia no wifi turning on by itself while mobile data services were on!

Rogue Bolo

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
First things first... this phone is incredible, glad I spent the money. BUT my wifi keeps turning itself on after I manually turn it off in the notification shade. I've messed with different settings "wifi" but can't figure it out. Anybody got an idea as to keep it off until I want it back on?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Greetings,

I had the same issue with my device (Note 3). T-Mobile doesn't seem to have

a "Connection Optimizer" feature in its line of phones. In T-mo's

case the feature that needs to be disabled is the "Wi-Fi Manager".

To disable this feature you need to do the following:

Access your T-Mobile account (for me I just press on the "T-Mobile

My Account" App).

Press the menu button on your device, then select "Options".

Under "Notifications" uncheck the box marked "Display Wi-Fi

Manager notifications".

Under "Connection Assistant" select "Open Wi-Fi manager".

Uncheck the box for "Manage Wi-Fi Connections".

That's it...

I talked to T-mobile tech support about an unrelated issue and

offhandedly mentioned this problem. The rep informed me that this

was a known issue and stated that this issue was being addressed.

In the mean time disabling the "Wi-Fi Manager" is a temporary fix

to address this problem. Here is the shorthand way to disable the

Wi-Fi manager:

T-Mobile My Account -> Menu -> Options -> "Display Wi-Fi Manager

Notifications" (Uncheck) -> "Open Wi-Fi Manager" (under

"Connection Assistant") -> (Uncheck) "Manage Wi-Fi Connections".

nmcculloch71

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T GS4 that I use on ST. Just recently, i guess since last week, I've started having this issue: the wi-fi turns on by itself, continually! I've turned it off every little while throughout the day & night. This is odd bc it even does it when I'm at home, I barely even have service at home.
So, now I have went into my wi-fi advanced settings & turned off everything & will restart my phone. We will see how that works. What a pain!

note2crazy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I went into security and there was a box that said send security reports to samsung via wifi. I unchecked it. Fingers crossed that works as nothing else did.

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Try the "WiFi Automatic" app.

I have mine set to turn off wifi when away from a network.

Sorry that I can't post a link ... there is a silly rule that you need to have ten postings before you can post a link. WTF ???

Laerrux

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
So...I turned Off the ' Connection Optimizer ' and still had the issue. So, as I read somewhere there May BE an application that is Turning it On... CM Security ( nice little app not a ram wh*re ) has multiple security features in the latest version specific for WiFi. Turned them Off, problem solved. I apologize if this has already been solved on or similar forum / post. Thank you.

Jameslkieb

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
2 days ago I travelled from the USA to Canada and now my wifi turns on every few seconds. I manually turn it off and it keeps coming back. It messes with my ability to get Mobile data on my network. It drains my battery. I've rebooted a few times. I'm furious. I had to use airplane move to dance my battery to make a call late in the day. No system updates of which I am aware. It's never done this before. All smart switch or network optimization options are off. I've tried both ways. Any help?
Note 3. Android 5.0

Posted via the Android Central App

VegRunner 66

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
For my Galaxy Core Prime: all apps button==>straight talk==>menu button==>wifi optimizer==>put a check in "disable wifi management".

(Note, if you have Verizon or ATT, go there and look for something similar)

CRSBedford

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Turning off the Optimizer does NOT solve the problem. Mine is off and Wifi still turns itself on all day. It's annoying as hell.

I know you posted a while ago, but I just found the resolution on my phone. My Xfinity Wifi app was set to turn the wifi on when near a Xfinity hot spot. I toggled that setting and haven't had any issues since. I'd recommend you check the settings if you have any apps installed with similar functionality.

the rockybond

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey buddy...I think I have a similar problem. Like you....My WiFi gets on itself everytime...sometimes I have a problem..that I have a WiFi network bit it's slow...so I prefer my mobile data...but this WiFi doesn't let me use...I think it's the problem in hardware of the cell phone...I suggest you to check it in an electronic shop..cause even iam gonna go there ..

MoeMatrix

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
also, i've gone into wifi, where it shows what connections are available, if there are any favorites that "connect automatically" you will want to make sure you click "forget" or uncheck the box to connect automatically to that individual connection. so for example, if someone has this issue, and they are staying at a motel, and the motel has five different hotspots to connect with and they are all entered into the computer's list of available networks to connect automatically, then one or all of those networks will attempt to connect to your phone.

so first, turn off "scanning always available even when wifi is off" -
then make sure "keep wifi on during sleep" is set to "never" -
then make sure any individual available wifi networks are individually set to NOT connect automatically.
this should stop wifi from connecting by itself.

conklerockscave

May 15, 2017
Visit site
My husband has an Alcatel, through Straight Talk. I've shut off data cause it's used all his data up and went over twice by going over! I have to keep turning it off. He turns it off, we turn it off constantly! This thing even has apps that turn on all the time we have to force stop. It's possessed! I've even shut off the location deal on it and it STILL turns the wi-fi on. I have no clue what else to do!

Bard Bren

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Open WiFi then open WiFis menu somehow. Usually it's a physical menu opening button. Turn off Scanning in WiFi settings and turn stay awake to never.