Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blue network notifications?

My previous phone (Photon) would turn the network connection icon blue when it had full radio and data connection. Then, it would turn gray if it lost data and had radio only. This was really helpful if my phone was hanging up on the web or an app, I could look at the icon and know it was not receiving data; so, I would wait until the icon(s) turned blue and know I was good to go again. However, as far as I can tell, the SGN2 has constant gray only icons. Is there a way to know when I'm not receiving data and I'm only receiving radio? Even if it's an app I need to download.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Blue network notifications?

No ideas? I would even take suggestions on an app which tells me this. So far I have noticed quiet a difference in data performance from my Photon. I really like my N2, but it seems like it is constantly lagging when I'm trying to browse the web or FB. Again, with the Photon, I could look and see a gray icon and know to wait for the icon to turn blue because I knew I had not data connection at the moment. With this phone I have no idea if/when my data comes back.

Also, I noticed I keep dropping my home network for some reason. I'm beginning to wonder if I might have a faulty phone?

71 Posts
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

so far, all im seeing are the little upload and download arrows light up when data is moving. the download arrow seems to xonstantly be on for mine when I am on wireless - which is most of the time for me. Good luck - I hope something definitive shows up for you!

2,465 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,500 Global Posts
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Thats because the touchwiz skin has grey under the signal bars my sgs2 is the same with ICS but im aosp now with the blue ics-jb icons

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2