Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?

Since the note will be more than just your regular smartphone, I'm considering getting a flip case with room inside for credit card, which I will be using to store my business cards Something like this from Tetded

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 N7108 -- Dijon IV with Card Slot (LC: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

Or this KLD off ebay KLD Flip Folio PU Leather Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 6 Colors | eBay

Or this Nillkin Nillkin Wallet Flip Leather Cover Case LCD Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 | eBay

Who else is getting this type of case and have you found better options?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?

I have one of these for my S3 and love it. I have the one with slots for credit cards. Perfect for DL, and 2 CC's. I already have one ordered for my Note 2 and I haven't even ordered phone yet. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I ordered the KLD one :-) now I just need UPS to bring the note!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Like the flip idea, but not for picture taking. Someone needs to make a flipcover that has a sliding window for the camera so you can fold the cover up against the back. Until then, I think I'm going with this;

Order Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rubberized Hard Case Over Silicone - Blue/ Black Shipped Free in US AccessoryGeeks

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

That TedTed case the first one listed looks awesome! I wonder if I can find that in the states.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Haha, I just brought 2 from theTetded website, and the FedEx Parcel is now at my office.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

Unpacked...woo... looks very nice. Share Pic with you guys. Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?-20121030_104348.jpg

the case can "stand" , also with card and money slot.
    Lov'in it. Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?-20121030_104633.jpg
    Whos going with Flip/Wallet style case?-20121030_104725.jpg
    Thanked by:

Taking pictures with your phone is going to be a process though I will say this is better than the slim cover case that attaches via a new back cover of the phone. You can at least take your phone out to take pics though still more then a quick snap unless you hold the camera in the case so it doesnt cover the lens!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by MomoXoX View Post
    the case can "stand" , also with card and money slot.
    Lov'in it. ]
    Both cases look AWESOME!! I still wonder how much protection such a case would offer being snap on and all. I fear that should it drop, the phone would juggle out.

I tested the iphone5 case on my Mattress, and after a five drops, the case still fit and tight. :P
    But i cannot test the Note2, since I am still waiting for my Note2 to arrive.....

what you all think about this case? Will it fit the US note 2?

New Luxury Black Flip PU Leather Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 | eBay

I like a case like thus but how do you whip your phone out and do anything without opening up a book!?!?
    Can't see time, text , whos calling,,, etc...
    Its hard to imagine getting used to the idea of not seeing your phone before opening it up. Any help on getting over that issue??

Quote Originally Posted by saltysteve View Post
    I like a case like thus but how do you whip your phone out and do anything without opening up a book!?!?
    Can't see time, text , whos calling,,, etc...
    Its hard to imagine getting used to the idea of not seeing your phone before opening it up. Any help on getting over that issue??
    I have a flip one w/CC holder for my S3. I love it and have one ordered for my Note 2. It was weird for the first couple of days but now it seems odd if I take it off and try to use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I don't like that one, since I want something that will replace the back cover, not snap on to it. I'm going to give this one a try:

Amazon.com: New Book Style Flip PU Leather case Cover For samsung galaxy note 2 II N7100-Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by franquellim View Post
    I don't like that one, since I want something that will replace the back cover, not snap on to it. I'm going to give this one a try:

Amazon.com: New Book Style Flip PU Leather case Cover For samsung galaxy note 2 II N7100-Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    In the description it states that when adding the case cover it makes the phone even thinner??????
    Is the description wrong? How's this possible?
    I would like something just like this if it had a cc slot

i got this one which looks extremely close to the one your looking at. It works and looks great, u just leave ur NFC back ON, this snaps over it...Only $7 bucks... Works great as a temp or perm solution....

Flip PU Leather Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Black FG | eBay
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol

There is one story of a user who found out the magnetic strap of his case interfered with his s-pen input.

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Quote Originally Posted by franquellim View Post

I would be nervous about how well the corners are protected on this one.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

This looks pretty good.
    http://www.uniea.com/for-Phones-case...te-II_309.aspx
    I haven't bought one. I am waiting to see what AT&T has in stock.

The first leather flip case I got had a two magnets in it to hold the thing closed and they played havoc with the stylus input on my Note 2 (dead spot around the magnet area).
    I then got a Zeus case with card slits and that uses a press stud and is great to look at and gives good protection against dropping the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

In using the Zenus Masstige Lettering case. It holds the phone quite securely and looks awesome. I have actually started using this as my wallet. It fits in my back pocket or breast pocket and takes up no more space than a checkbook.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...jCpWIRx5EW6JkA

Sent from my sweet Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!

Although I like the concept of the whole wallet type or flip type case, I'm not going to get one because of the way I use my Note. I hold it with my left hand and use my stylus with my right. Having to hold back that flap would be terribly annoying for me. And like someone else already mentioned the taking photos thing seems like it would be strange to do with this type of case, and I don't want to be removing my phone all the time. So even though I have seen some cool styles, that type of case design won't work for me. If anyone has a work around for my issues lmk bc I have seen some adorably girly flip cases on Amazon.

Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    valerie789 likes this.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miss aloha View Post
    Although I like the concept of the whole wallet type or flip type case, I'm not going to get one because of the way I use my Note. I hold it with my left hand and use my stylus with my right. Having to hold back that flap would be terribly annoying for me. And like someone else already mentioned the taking photos thing seems like it would be strange to do with this type of case, and I don't want to be removing my phone all the time. So even though I have seen some cool styles, that type of case design won't work for me. If anyone has a work around for my issues lmk bc I have seen some adorably girly flip cases on Amazon.

Thx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    I thought the same thing before I had a flip case. After using one, I changed my mind. I have the Zenus Mastige Lettering Case and I like how it feels. You just fold the flap back behind the phone use it normally. You don't have to remove it unless to you want to.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast