Car Dock That Isn't a Universal Model?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to purchase a Car Dock that has a built-in plug for the phone to attach, and then have the charger cord plug into the Dock, not the phone...do they make such a thing for the Note 2? It seems like every model I have seen is a "Universal Holder" that basically holds the phone and a wire would stick out the side, if the phone is in a horizonal position (GPS use). The Car Dock that Moto makes is great...even Samsung's seems to be Universal. :(

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I accidentally ordered one for the N1 for my N2, I'll let you know if I can get it to work or not. Otherwise, if there is a dock like this for the 1, I'm sure there will be one for the 2 soon.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally ordered one for the N1 for my N2, I'll let you know if I can get it to work or not. Otherwise, if there is a dock like this for the 1, I'm sure there will be one for the 2 soon.

Where did you order the wrong one? I'd like to see it...Thanks!

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Looking forward to your answer if the 1 car dock fits the 2!

Nope. The length is what killed it. The width wasn't too bad actually. And, I contemplated just shearing off the tops of the brackets since I use my phone in landscape 95% of the time anyway. However, I never felt like I could get the charger to hold securely. So, I have a Note 1 dock cheap if anyone wants it :)

Why would it?? Aren't they different sizes???????

Yep. But, not by a whole lot. And depending on what you are using, sometimes not a whole lot will work. In this case, it doesn't (appear to for me).

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like to purchase a Car Dock that has a built-in plug for the phone to attach, and then have the charger cord plug into the Dock, not the phone...do they make such a thing for the Note 2? It seems like every model I have seen is a "Universal Holder" that basically holds the phone and a wire would stick out the side, if the phone is in a horizonal position (GPS use). The Car Dock that Moto makes is great...even Samsung's seems to be Universal. :(

Samsung Galaxy Note II Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter by ProClip

521432.jpg-350x350
521432-a.jpg-350x350
521432-b.jpg-350x350

henning#CB

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That is cool but it doesnt look like it will fit if I have a case on the phone...I have an XM skydock for my iphone and it would be a perfect solution but obviously not compatible. But something like it. It has an AUX port on the stem so all I do is mount the phone and squeeze the brackets in.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about it is that it goes into the vents of the car. Those types of mounts never seem to securely stay in place in my car.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if you tried ProClips before, but the mounts are actually attached through the seams of the dashboard, not to the vent itself like other universal car mounts. For example, in the image above with the mount in front of the vent, the top portion of the mount is attached to the seam above the vent, while the bottom portion of the mount is attached to bottom seam of the vent.

When attaching the mounts to the seams, you actually hear it snapping in, which means it's securely attached. My problem with these mounts is that sometimes I have a hard time removing them. :)

These mounts are custom made to attach to your dashboard. You just have to put in your year/make/model of your car to find the right one for you.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would hope that Samsung will come out with one for the Note 2 - I just don't understand why they don't have them ready for the launch? When Moto released the Bionic, they had all kinds of docks and chargers available to buy immediately.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you tried ProClips before, but the mounts are actually attached through the seams of the dashboard, not to the vent itself like other universal car mounts. For example, in the image above with the mount in front of the vent, the top portion of the mount is attached to the seam above the vent, while the bottom portion of the mount is attached to bottom seam of the vent.

When attaching the mounts to the seams, you actually hear it snapping in, which means it's securely attached. My problem with these mounts is that sometimes I have a hard time removing them. :)

These mounts are custom made to attach to your dashboard. You just have to put in your year/make/model of your car to find the right one for you.

Might have to give this a try then, cause I'm dying without my mount!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

iondokk

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have posted a workaround for the. Note I holder for the Note II on xda in accessories, it works great. The only thing is that when you snap it in it does not trigger the docking software like the SIII did for me...

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Try Craigs Dock at http://www.craigsdocks.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol