Samsung keyboard text correction.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that the samsung keyboard seems to do a worse job of correcting text input mistakes? I noticed that it didnt have english us installed and was set to spanish but even after fixing that it wont fix text input errors much at all. I noticed the same thing in my note 1 and just switched it ti the default android keyboard which was far better, I could just bang out text with nearly no mistakes.

But on the note 2 I have here no stock android keyboard to switch to. Can I get the stock keyboard?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I found an ICS keyboard which seems quite good, I think it came out of CM9. Would like to see if I can get the correct stock jellybean keyboard, anyone? Supposedly it is a bit better but I can't remember how much better it was on the nexus verses the note 1 I had.

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I found the same problem, I ended up using SwiftKey from the play store. It has the correction feature that the stock app does not.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I have the mental capacity to deal with one finger swipe right now. Home row took me a long time to learn and now I can thumb type using both hands on touchscreen fairly quick too, my first mobile devices were blackberrys with hardware keyboards.

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I have the mental capacity to deal with one finger swipe right now. Home row took me a long time to learn and now I can thumb type using both hands on touchscreen fairly quick too, my first mobile devices were blackberrys with hardware keyboards.

Swift key. Does have ability to do swipe typing but I don't use it that way. I bang away with thumbs. I try the whole swiping thing and it does not work for me.

I'm going to give the app suggested a try.