Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How is it getting used to the size from a GS3

Quote Originally Posted by acey_zero View Post
    I don't have one, but my main concern with this phone was the size, and specifically one handed use, until I saw the ThingSling/FlyGrip/etc. These look like they would make it much more manageable.

This is my Flygrip on the back of my S2 case/sleeve. I will never again in the rest of my life attach a Flygrip directly to the back of my phone as you see in any of QBKing77 YouTube videos and I STRONGLY suggest none of you do either.

I don't know if he talks about them like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread given the fact if you use his name you get free shipping. What he NEVER mentions is the brutal effort involved in removing the thing if you ever have too.

I wish I had the back door I replaced. I would have taken a pic of that too for the purposes of this post. The Flygrip HAS to be pryed off with a knife and they are not easy at all to remove.

My battery door was completely ruined.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Uncle Louie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    Really wanting to get the Note 2 but the only thing that concerns me is the Notes size as a daily driver.

What's the feedback/opinions from those that went from a GS3 or any other phone to the Note 2,,,,, hard to get used to the size or does it become a non-issue after ownership.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Davyo
    Hi. Ive had the note 2 for two weeks now having had a iphone4s before. No problem with size. I love it. Doesnt feel big anymore just normal but other pbones now feel like kids toys!!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I switched from an Evo 3D, and it took about 45 minutes, tops, to get used to the phone. I remember when I got the Evo, thinking "Man, this is a BIG phone." But before that I had a Centro, so go figure.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    I switched from an Evo 3D, and it took about 45 minutes, tops, to get used to the phone. I remember when I got the Evo, thinking "Man, this is a BIG phone." But before that I had a Centro, so go figure.
    I remember having the same thought when I first got my EVO. It looked so huge. The sales girl had one when I picked up my Note and it looked tiny.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2. Baddest phone on the planet.
    Last edited by dwaynewilliams; 11-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default How is it getting used to the size from a GS3

Quote Originally Posted by that_maynard View Post
    I actually have been debating returning mine for the S3 but I do love the size. It is huge. But will I love the huge in 2 to 3 months?
    Yes

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I remember having the same thought when I first got my EVO. It looked so huge. The sales fork had one when I picked up my Note and it looked tiny.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2. Baddest phone on the planet.
    I'm laughing cause when I got my Evo I thought it was huge. With that 4.3" screen you couldn't tell me nothing!!!!! Now when I see a phone of that size I consider it as tiny as an iPhone.
    One of my friends is still rockin' his Evo and I LOVE teasing him. Saying things like I bet you can't wait to get rid of that little thing.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

I went an played with one at the Sprint store the day they hit, because I wasn't sure about the size myself. I can honestly say, after playing with it for about 15 minutes, I was really surprised by how it didn't "feel" huge when I was trying to use it. The ergonomics are very well done so that it was comfortable to hold. I've been making myself wait two weeks just to make sure it's not an impulse buy that I'm going to change my mind on (since I'll be paying full price) and I can honestly say I "miss" playing on it. I was even reading some emails a few days later while sitting on the couch and though "why does my phone feel so small?" (I have an Evo3D) I'm looking forward to Friday, because then my two weeks is up and I will be ordering one. Damn (semi-)responsible spending habits
    ScandaLeX and Astom22 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

As the op I wanted to thank everyone that chimed in on this thread,,,,, I'm turning in my much loved BLACK Verizon GS3 tomorrow and getting the TM Note 2 (TM's business plan/rates blow away Verizon's rates).

I hope I get used to the Note 2 size,,, but hey, if not,,, I'll just swap it out for a GS3,,,,, too bad TM does not the S3 in black,,, my Verizon black GS3 is the just the cool'est looking phone ever.

Wish me luck

Cheers
    Davyo

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    As the op I wanted to thank everyone that chimed in on this thread,,,,, I'm turning in my much loved BLACK Verizon GS3 tomorrow and getting the TM Note 2 (TM's business plan/rates blow away Verizon's rates).

I hope I get used to the Note 2 size,,, but hey, if not,,, I'll just swap it out for a GS3,,,,, too bad TM does not the S3 in black,,, my Verizon black GS3 is the just the cool'est looking phone ever.

Wish me luck

Cheers
    Davyo
    Honestly, I can't imagine you not getting used to it. I came from the NS4G which is puny compared to the GNII. It feels like a little baby phone now lol

I see alot of you have gotten use to size, but how was it getting use to the weight coming from a phone like the SG3? I don't like heavy phones.

Also will the international unlocked version pick up t-mobile's HSPA+42 network?

Just got my Note II and surprisingly it actually feels smaller than expected... I looked some time ago at the Note I and this new phone feels smaller. My previous phone was HTC Inspire 4G (4.3 inch).
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    I see alot of you have gotten use to size, but how was it getting use to the weight coming from a phone like the SG3? I don't like heavy phones.

Also will the international unlocked version pick up t-mobile's HSPA+42 network?
    I actually like the weight better. It feels more solid to me.
    Jocelyn84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    I actually like the weight better. It feels more solid to me.
    This^ The weight makes you more aware of the device and it actually feels much more secure in my hand compared to my E4GT.

I did end up returning my N2 for the SG3 and I miss the size, but I'm not sure if I can return back to the N2. Man I feel silly, but do you think that US Cellular will accept me returning back to the N2?

I'm still within my 14 day trial period. I want to have my beast back. It was larger, but I like larger.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

I just picked up my Note 2 and will be interested to see how I adjust from the size of my GS3,,, I had just got thru adjusting to my GS3 from my iPhone 5,,,,,, going from all the iPhones to the GS3 to the Note 2,,,,, what a fun little journey.

Cheers
    Davyo
    ScandaLeX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by that_maynard View Post
    I did end up returning my N2 for the SG3 and I miss the size, but I'm not sure if I can return back to the N2. Man I feel silly, but do you think that US Cellular will accept me returning back to the N2?

I'm still within my 14 day trial period. I want to have my beast back. It was larger, but I like larger.
    They may allow it because you are exchanging for a more expensive device. I would definitely try because the Note 2 is a superior device.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    If I were never here, you would never know.

It was between this and the Lumia 920. I need a change from iphone. The horsepower of this thing and the crap windows app store made it easy. But the nokia is a beautiful device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I migrated from an Iphone 5 to a GS3 and then to a note 2 all I can say is wow!! The note 2 is a serious device, by far is the best of all 3 and the size is not a problem at all.....on the contrary is a benefit

I just got the Note II GT-N7100 and it actually feels "small" in comparison to the original Galaxy Note...

The hardest pill to swallow for me is buying this phone off contract. I've never purchased an off contract phone before so the $649 price tag has me thinking twice. Decisions, decisions...
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    The hardest pill to swallow for me is buying this phone off contract. I've never purchased an off contract phone before so the $649 price tag has me thinking twice. Decisions, decisions...
    Well, I have been a cell user for almost 23 years now. The very first phone I had was a Panasonic car phone which had to be installed in my car and cost me $1,200.
    Ever since I was on a contract with either Verizon, AT&T (was Cellular One at the time) or T-Mobile - never Sprint.

This is the first time I took the plunge. I found a deal for $590 (shipping and tax included). That one was on newegg.com but those deals pop up from time to time on eBay and elsewhere.

Why did I do it? On a 2 year contract it would cost me $300 + tax. Then my monthly cost would be well over $80 a month. With this SIM free phone I can get prepaid service with one of many companies for under $50 a month, everything unlimited. So in one year I'll break even. And if I don't like the first vendor, I have a huge selection of others.

Added bonus - I travel internationally a lot. My old AT&T unlocked phone always worked for voice calls, but not always for data. It's a pain in the neck. This SIM free GT-N7100 works everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
    Well, I have been a cell user for almost 23 years now. The very first phone I had was a Panasonic car phone which had to be installed in my car and cost me $1,200.
    Ever since I was on a contract with either Verizon, AT&T (was Cellular One at the time) or T-Mobile - never Sprint.

This is the first time I took the plunge. I found a deal for $590 (shipping and tax included). That one was on newegg.com but those deals pop up from time to time on eBay and elsewhere.

Why did I do it? On a 2 year contract it would cost me $300 + tax. Then my monthly cost would be well over $80 a month. With this SIM free phone I can get prepaid service with one of many companies for under $50 a month, everything unlimited. So in one year I'll break even. And if I don't like the first vendor, I have a huge selection of others.

Added bonus - I travel internationally a lot. My old AT&T unlocked phone always worked for voice calls, but not always for data. It's a pain in the neck. This SIM free GT-N7100 works everywhere!
    I have 2 phone lines with AT&T, and pay the same amount per month whether or now I use an off contract device, or buy a subsidized one. I'll probably end up buying this phone anyway, it's too tempting to pass up.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

The largest smartphone I have has has been my HTC One X. Because of how thin and lightweight it was relative to its overall size I was often worried about breaking it. Have any Note 2 owners experienced similar feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris5626 View Post
    The largest smartphone I have has has been my HTC One X. Because of how thin and lightweight it was relative to its overall size I was often worried about breaking it. Have any Note 2 owners experienced similar feelings?
    That's not a concern, but because of it's size it almost fell out of my hand twice. I ordered a Flip Cover to reduce that danger.
    Thanked by:

Default How is it getting used to the size from a GS3

Currently I have an iPhone 5 on order that will be here today but I'm seriously thinking of going for the Note 2. The battery life on the Note 2 is something I would definitely fall in love with. Also the iPhone hasn't really advanced and I am bored with it so I am seriously thinking of going with the Note 2. There are, however, 3 things that concern me about the note 2.

1.) The size of this thing. I have played with them at stores and even made sure it will fit in my pocket, but I'm not sure this will be practical carrying around all day. Most things I use 2 hands for anyways (Texting, Web Browsing, etc.) even on the tiny 3.5" iPhone 4S screen, which is why I think a bigger screen will be nice.

2.) Samsung is known for having really bad reception on their phones when it comes to CDMA. Their AT&T and T-mobile versions seem to be ok but not their Sprint or Verizon versions. I need a phone i can rely on which is why I really liked the iPhone, it had great reception. This is the biggest concern of mine as of right now because if I return the iPhone 5 and get the Note 2 I will be stuck with the Note 2 and I don't want to be stuck with a phone that gets crappy reception.

3.) Having to deal with insurance if something goes wrong with the phone. With Apple I could purchase Apple Care+ and if anything goes wrong with my phone I take it in to my apple store 30 miles away and it will be fixed or the phone will be replaced with a brand new phone (not refurb). If I go with the Note 2 will I have to pay deductibles on the Asurion insurance for Manufacturer defects and things wrong with the phone or only on accidental damage like dropping it? I used to know all about the insurance thing but I've been out of the loop for a while now.

Ultimately I am just bored with the iPhone and would love to come back to Android but I refuse to get something running ICS so it comes down to keeping the iPhone 5, going for the Note 2 or looking into the Droid DNA which looks to be a better size for my liking but without all the things I like about the Note 2 like battery life and some of the Touch Wiz and S Pen features.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast