How is it getting used to the size from a GS3

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
At least on the gs3 there is a setting within the messaging app that you need to enable to use the volume keys to increase and decrease the font size. I don't have my note 2 yet so if someone could confirm? Just open the messaging app, hit menu, settings, and towards the top should be the option to use the volume keys to change font size.

Can't wait to get mine, hope best buy really will get it on November 11th!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

It does have that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2. Baddest phone on the planet.

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the International version - SIM free, factory unlocked, without branding - for $590 from newegg.com. It lists for $680 but if you buy it by 11/5/12 using code BLKNVMW57 it drops the price to $590, 2 day shipping included - no tax in most states.

Wow thanks!! Can I use this on AT&T, and are there any benefits or negatives to this model compared to the upcoming att release?

Also can anyone confirm if u can just swap my sim back and forth between this and my S3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the International version - SIM free, factory unlocked, without branding - for $590 from newegg.com. It lists for $680 but if you buy it by 11/5/12 using code BLKNVMW57 it drops the price to $590, 2 day shipping included - no tax in most states.

Oh wow. This doesn't have LTE does it?

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Wow thanks!! Can I use this on AT&T, and are there any benefits or negatives to this model compared to the upcoming att release?

Also can anyone confirm if u can just swap my sim back and forth between this and my S3?

No LTE (which in my view is overrated) and it uses micro SIM. If your S3 uses same size SIM you can swap it.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
[*]The S-Pen doesn't quite feel natural on the bottom of the phone. My muscle memory from my Treo days has kicked in a couple of times and I've found myself feeling for the pen on the top corner instead of the bottom corner.
[/LIST]

I am moving from an iPhone 4s to a Note 2 (when Verizon finally ships them) and this is one of the things I expect to bite me once in a while. I'll get used to it. Nice to know I'm not the only refugee from Palm-land.

Nacos

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I did not like about it was the fact that text messages and email text size was too big. I tried everything short of rooting the damn thing to get smaller text, but it was impossible.

I'd buy it right now again (returned it) if someone could tell me how to shrink the text--already tried all the apps int he GooglePlay store that claim to do this. I don't want/care that my menu text is small, I want my text messages and emails be small too!

If the Note 2 has the same text engine as the SG3, then the answer is simple: enable text resizing by volume keys in settings. Also, you can always use 3rd party text apps - I would highly recommend Go SMS - where customization is taken to a completely different level. AS far as the E-mail goes, if you're using the Samsung's email app - which I highly recommend - then there is not much you can do about the text size - although I didn't seem to see the objections there justified.

On the other hand (as many here have already suggested) you can also change the font size in settings - but that will affect the appearance of all native application.

Nacos

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
How does this work? How does the system know if you are changing volume or text size? Or is it one or the other?

When you are in text message app, the volume keys only work to adjust the font size. Since you're not going to change that every time you use the app, once adjusted to your preference you can disable it and the volume keys will be reassigned as...volume keys, but since the volume wouldn't normally be used while in text message, you may very well live this setting permanently.

thomasrafael

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I did not like about it was the fact that text messages and email text size was too big. I tried everything short of rooting the damn thing to get smaller text, but it was impossible.

I'd buy it right now again (returned it) if someone could tell me how to shrink the text--already tried all the apps int he GooglePlay store that claim to do this. I don't want/care that my menu text is small, I want my text messages and emails be small too!

Go to Settings on the Messaging app and there's a check box labeled "Use the volume key" You can then adjust the text size of your messages using the volume rocker.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have one, but my main concern with this phone was the size, and specifically one handed use, until I saw the ThingSling/FlyGrip/etc. These look like they would make it much more manageable.

ja4u4ede.jpg

This is my Flygrip on the back of my S2 case/sleeve. I will never again in the rest of my life attach a Flygrip directly to the back of my phone as you see in any of QBKing77 YouTube videos and I STRONGLY suggest none of you do either.

I don't know if he talks about them like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread given the fact if you use his name you get free shipping. What he NEVER mentions is the brutal effort involved in removing the thing if you ever have too.

I wish I had the back door I replaced. I would have taken a pic of that too for the purposes of this post. The Flygrip HAS to be pryed off with a knife and they are not easy at all to remove.

My battery door was completely ruined.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

budge552

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Really wanting to get the Note 2 but the only thing that concerns me is the Notes size as a daily driver.

What's the feedback/opinions from those that went from a GS3 or any other phone to the Note 2,,,,, hard to get used to the size or does it become a non-issue after ownership.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Davyo

Hi. Ive had the note 2 for two weeks now having had a iphone4s before. No problem with size. I love it. Doesnt feel big anymore just normal but other pbones now feel like kids toys!!

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched from an Evo 3D, and it took about 45 minutes, tops, to get used to the phone. I remember when I got the Evo, thinking "Man, this is a BIG phone." But before that I had a Centro, so go figure. :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched from an Evo 3D, and it took about 45 minutes, tops, to get used to the phone. I remember when I got the Evo, thinking "Man, this is a BIG phone." But before that I had a Centro, so go figure. :)

I remember having the same thought when I first got my EVO. It looked so huge. The sales girl had one when I picked up my Note and it looked tiny.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember having the same thought when I first got my EVO. It looked so huge. The sales fork had one when I picked up my Note and it looked tiny.

I'm laughing cause when I got my Evo I thought it was huge. With that 4.3" screen you couldn't tell me nothing!!!!! Now when I see a phone of that size I consider it as tiny as an iPhone.
One of my friends is still rockin' his Evo and I LOVE teasing him. Saying things like I bet you can't wait to get rid of that little thing. :D

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I went an played with one at the Sprint store the day they hit, because I wasn't sure about the size myself. I can honestly say, after playing with it for about 15 minutes, I was really surprised by how it didn't "feel" huge when I was trying to use it. The ergonomics are very well done so that it was comfortable to hold. I've been making myself wait two weeks just to make sure it's not an impulse buy that I'm going to change my mind on (since I'll be paying full price) and I can honestly say I "miss" playing on it. I was even reading some emails a few days later while sitting on the couch and though "why does my phone feel so small?" (I have an Evo3D) I'm looking forward to Friday, because then my two weeks is up and I will be ordering one. Damn (semi-)responsible spending habits :)

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
As the op I wanted to thank everyone that chimed in on this thread,,,,, I'm turning in my much loved BLACK Verizon GS3 tomorrow and getting the TM Note 2 (TM's business plan/rates blow away Verizon's rates).

I hope I get used to the Note 2 size,,, but hey, if not,,, I'll just swap it out for a GS3,,,,, too bad TM does not the S3 in black,,, my Verizon black GS3 is the just the cool'est looking phone ever.

Wish me luck :)

Cheers
Davyo

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
As the op I wanted to thank everyone that chimed in on this thread,,,,, I'm turning in my much loved BLACK Verizon GS3 tomorrow and getting the TM Note 2 (TM's business plan/rates blow away Verizon's rates).

I hope I get used to the Note 2 size,,, but hey, if not,,, I'll just swap it out for a GS3,,,,, too bad TM does not the S3 in black,,, my Verizon black GS3 is the just the cool'est looking phone ever.

Wish me luck :)

Cheers
Davyo

Honestly, I can't imagine you not getting used to it. I came from the NS4G which is puny compared to the GNII. It feels like a little baby phone now lol

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I see alot of you have gotten use to size, but how was it getting use to the weight coming from a phone like the SG3? I don't like heavy phones.

Also will the international unlocked version pick up t-mobile's HSPA+42 network?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1