Can T-Mobile Note 2 be unlocked and used on Verizon?

fbernar

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I've read numerous times now that Verizon phones can't be unlocked and used on AT&T because they don't use SIM cards. Or that AT&T and T-Mobile phones can't be unlocked and used on Verizon.

Why? My Galaxy S3 from Verizon uses a SIM card. My Blackberry Bold 9300 used a SIM card. My iPhone 4S used a SIM card. Does that still hold true now that Verizon LTE phones use SIM cards? I'm asking because if it does work I want to buy an unlocked T-Mobile Note 2 and use it immediately instead of waiting til the end of November.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
For Sprint and Verizon, they use CDMA for which the phone's esn has to be in there database for it to get activated on there networks. Not in database, you are better off reviving the dead then trying to get it put on there networks. In the case of the sim card on Verizons latest phones, it is for there LTE network, and nothing more. Sprint's sim is embedded into the phone. Except for the iPhone. As for T-Mobile and AT&T, yeah they are both gsm, but on different frequencies in some areas.

Sunny D 530

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
this is not true the verizon and sprint phones with sim cards do support gsm they are global quadband phones which support cdma/gsm they have silent locks in the software to prevent you from accessing the gsm networks while in your home country ... if you confuse the phone make it believe its home country is uk and your in the us can use the at&t or tmobile sim you cando this to android phones by flashing their radio to a radio from another country and changing a few settings or if you know your sh!t you can qpst/qxdm the phone goodluck

oh yea dial *#*#4636*#*# select phone information scroll down to set perferred network type select cdma turn off/on your rsdio go to your phones settings about phone then status it should show you a meid of 0000000... give the phone a meid of a sprint or verizon phone flash the cdma prl of that netwrok to the phone now you have a cdma gsm lte phone

if this doesnt work for you it might have to do with the following possible reasons-
-your on a different phone in which case your mmi code may start with a different variation on the *#*# or **## #*#* etc..
-you havnt *#197328640# disabled your network puk code.. (unlocked your phone)
-your not on stock rom (only samsung roms contain the wiz software to allow you to run mmi commands that send the sh!t to the radio to allow programming)
-your 2dumb & 2closed minded to do anything & give up before you begin to research or try for yourself .. if your told you cant do something.. try anyways, because only then.. you will know

Last edited:

Sunny D 530

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
For Sprint and Verizon, they use CDMA for which the phone's esn has to be in there database for it to get activated on there networks. Not in database, you are better off reviving the dead then trying to get it put on there networks. In the case of the sim card on Verizons latest phones, it is for there LTE network, and nothing more. Sprint's sim is embedded into the phone. Except for the iPhone. As for T-Mobile and AT&T, yeah they are both gsm, but on different frequencies in some areas.

this person no idea what they are talking about tmobile and at&t are on same freq you just go to the mobile networks setting and search for a carrier and you will see thier network but unable to register on it if you dont have thier sim card in your phone... after you do the 197328640 network unlock ( google *#197328640# ) you can use at&t sim cards in tmobile note 2 or gs3's... and lte is data protocall they are using such as wimax 3g hspa evdo etc...

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
this person no idea what they are talking about tmobile and at&t are on same freq you just go to the mobile networks setting and search for a carrier and you will see thier network but unable to register on it if you dont have thier sim card in your phone... after you do the 197328640 network unlock ( google *#197328640# ) you can use at&t sim cards in tmobile note 2 or gs3's... and lte is data protocall they are using such as wimax 3g hspa evdo etc...

Keep on believing that crap you just spewed. 1 AT&T's LTE is on 700 mhz where TMobile had no 700 mhz band to speak of. Majority of TMobiles hspa+ frequencies are on the AWS band where AT&T'S frequencies are on 1900/850 mhz. TMobile got some 1900 freq from AT&T but guess what, it is not nationwide. Why do you think most who took a phone from AT&T and put it on TMobile were only getting edge speeds. Oh by the way, AWS band for TMobile is 1700/2100 mhz . Next time check your facts before you talk, that way you won't stick both feet in your mouth. Oh by the way, Sprint and Verizon primary frequencies are used in CDMA for the 3G, Verizon users 850 Mhz for 3g and 700 mHz for there LTE, Sprint uses 1900 for LTE and 3g. And in some areas use 800 smr band for 1xAdvance CDMA. Even though both have a sim card, 1 they don't have tmobiles frequencies in them for the States and vice versa and 2 If the phones aren't in Sprint's or Verizon's database by way of esn. They don't get activated on the network. I like to see you try. And the sim card in sprints version of the note 2 is inbeded in the phone. Case in point. I have the sprint note 2.

Last edited:

Sunny D 530

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Keep on believing that crap you just spewed. 1 AT&T's LTE is on 700 mhz where TMobile had no 700 mhz band to speak of. Majority of TMobiles hspa+ frequencies are on the AWS band where AT&T'S frequencies are on 1900/850 mhz. TMobile got some 1900 freq from AT&T but guess what, it is not nationwide. Why do you think most who took a phone from AT&T and put it on TMobile were only getting edge speeds. Oh by the way, AWS band for TMobile is 1700/2100 mhz . Next time check your facts before you talk, that way you won't stick both feet in your mouth. Oh by the way, Sprint and Verizon primary frequencies are used in CDMA for the 3G, Verizon users 850 Mhz for 3g and 700 mHz for there LTE, Sprint uses 1900 for LTE and 3g. And in some areas use 800 smr band for 1xAdvance CDMA. Even though both have a sim card, 1 they don't have tmobiles frequencies in them for the States and vice versa and 2 If the phones aren't in Sprint's or Verizon's database by way of esn. They don't get activated on the network. I like to see you try. And the sim card in sprints version of the note 2 is inbeded in the phone. Case in point. I have the sprint note 2.

i dont think you understand the phones hardware is not limited by the carrier that put thier name on the back of the phone!so plz quit with your i dont give a wut u think or what freq who has quadband phone capable of operating at all the freqs u named and more. i put up the truth and people can find out for themselves after doing the 197328640 unlock if you have a tmobile note2 stick a at&t sim in and watch it work if you want to go indepth its possible dont give up

Last edited by a moderator:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the dmca revision is still in effect so no you can't unlock your phone without your carriers permission. Despite what all of these people say verizon/sprint are not interchangeable. They use two different bands for their CDMA radios and neither sprint or verizon add secret coding to make this possible. Finally sprint/verizon phones are not gsm capable unless they are world phones. The average sprint/verizon phone comes with an embedded sim card that can only be flashed by the carrier you got the phone from. Anyone who claims they can is doing so illegally and should not be trusted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
On a side note since you just joined and only have 3 posts, how can we even believe or trust what you are saying Sunnyd? Post count+thanks matters a lot and you literally just joined yesterday.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
On a side note since you just joined and only have 3 posts, how can we even believe or trust what you are saying Sunnyd? Post count+thanks matters a lot and you literally just joined yesterday.

Hey, I just joined too. (2 years ago) LOL :D

Sunny D 530

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
how many people here see these options available to them on their gs3 or note 2?

04_25_21_31_00.jpg

04_25_20_17_04.jpg

04_25_20_17_38.jpg

04_25_20_43_03.jpg

if your samsung galaxy note 2 or galaxy s3 (at&t/tmobile/verizon/metro pcs) allows you to go into global mode cdma/gsm all bands/frequencys then please tell us how easy it is to flash a metro pcs prl to a at&t note 2 or a verizon prl to a tmobile note 2 ect ect and how to go about writing a meid/esn/pesn/min/mdn/wap/mms/ and all other things to do this.. the following is screenshots of my tmobile note 2 allowing me to go into global mode, cdma, gsm, ect...

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the dmca revision is still in effect so no you can't unlock your phone without your carriers permission. Despite what all of these people say verizon/sprint are not interchangeable. They use two different bands for their CDMA radios and neither sprint or verizon add secret coding to make this possible. Finally sprint/verizon phones are not gsm capable unless they are world phones. The average sprint/verizon phone comes with an embedded sim card that can only be flashed by the carrier you got the phone from. Anyone who claims they can is doing so illegally and should not be trusted.

Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Sunny D 530

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
2013_04_25_20_52_34.jpg

2013_04_25_20_28_44.jpg

2013_04_26_01_27_41.jpg

my apologies to the community if i came off as a a$?h0le

ford, gm, honda, toyota all make different types of vehicles .. these vehicles have different catagories/class levels according to the accomadations and features given one class vs another (ss, ex, lx, dx) to save money the manufacturers create a base model to which all of the connectrs ,mounting holes and everything else but only choose to put the features on the certin class of the car... because the assembly line is less complicated this way andit saves them money youcan get the stock foglights and plug the directly to your car even if your car never came with them it still has the fuse location and probobly wires/plugs for it .. samsung did the same thing with thier phone you know howmuch more it would cost to create a different phone for each carrier all over the world? the phones all rolled off the same assembly line with different software configs to utilize only a certin band/freq for the perticuler carrier it was for but thats not to say the radio is incapable of global mode cdma/gsm ect

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463