Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Charing Cable keeps falling off with any movement... What can I do?! New to Droid...

Hey guys, coming from an Iphone4s
    Very excited about my new T-mobile (new to Tmobile also) Note2, still behind, trying to learn the basics... So far, the biggest problem has been to charge the phone.
    When I am driving, if I touch the phone the cable falls off, in fact, cables fall off anytime I touch the phone in the car or at home.
    Please help, this is a fustrating thing!!
    The iphone cable would lock in place, this mini usb one does seems to be just "hang" in there.
    I hope someone have found a solution by now...
    Cheers
    David

Default Re: Charing Cable keeps falling off with any movement... What can I do?! New to Droid...

Quote Originally Posted by David6801 View Post
    Hey guys, coming from an Iphone4s
    Very excited about my new T-mobile (new to Tmobile also) Note2, still behind, trying to learn the basics... So far, the biggest problem has been to charge the phone.
    When I am driving, if I touch the phone the cable falls off, in fact, cables fall off anytime I touch the phone in the car or at home.
    Please help, this is a fustrating thing!!
    The iphone cable would lock in place, this mini usb one does seems to be just "hang" in there.
    I hope someone have found a solution by now...
    Cheers
    David
    Some of the International owners are having same issue - Charging port... - xda-developers

Sprint version of device usb connection is pretty tight no fall out here
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Default Re: Charing Cable keeps falling off with any movement... What can I do?! New to Droid...

That's loose on purpose in case you step on the cable. So the phone would not fall.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

I'm having similar issues but not as bad as what you're saying. I only have an issue with the stock charger.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

I have no issue with my international version, seems just the same as any other micro usb device.

I don't doubt the port can be damaged pretty easily, micro usb was not a good choice to standardize on.

That XDA thread suggests trimming some plastic off the cable so that the cable can plug in farther. That makes sense if you are having a problem with it not going in all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I have no issue with my international version, seems just the same as any other micro usb device.

I don't doubt the port can be damaged pretty easily, micro usb was not a good choice to standardize on.

That XDA thread suggests trimming some plastic off the cable so that the cable can plug in farther. That makes sense if you are having a problem with it not going in all the way.
    Might have to try that out because as of right now that's the only charger I'm having issues with.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2