Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: I already got scratches on my screen!!

Should be getting mine in the mail soon. Looks like i should have a screen protector ready just in case.

I had this same thing happen to my previous galaxy s2 on the 2nd day of ownership but the scratches were longer and deeper. I just learned to ignore it over time but I know where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I had no problem with the pen and a screen protector.
    Do u have a picture?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

No issues here with phantom skinz screen protector and Spen. Material felt very similar to glass.

For those scratches, it's best to use a matte screen protector, they do a better job of hiding the scratches than the clear ones.

God now I'm nervous. Screen protector won't come until Monday or Wednesday...spigen please hurry!

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    Do u have a picture?
    You want me to take a picture of an invisible screen protector?
    jesuguru likes this.

Smile Re: I already got scratches on my screen!!

I have a HTC with scratches and know what your going through its never the same. if you have the black note maybe you can take it back and say you want the white. that would be Honest because most people would rather have the white. I looked up the price of a new screen in case I cracked mine it was 2 hundred and 49 dollars. sprint is a big company they would just send your old one in and have it replaced it would be nothing out of there pocket. I have mine in a close up wallet case I give only 7.99 plus tax for. I am keeping mine safe till I can afford a Otterbox Defender case that has the screen protector built in. it costs 59.99 from otterbox.com. next month I am getting a screen cover the cheapest one that looks good for the money. maybe next march I will get the defender. thank you for the warning its good you thought of others because I keep mine in my pocket and wear jeans because I work in my Garden allot. if you get another and can afford it get a defender case you wont be sorry.

I always put on a screen protector. My current phone had one on first day I bought it but after couple days didn't like the zagg hd quality. Returned it and has been without one since then. Just ordered an oleophobic screen protector. Even with gorilla glass 2 I still don't trust it. My evo 3d got scratches on it with just regular wear so from that day on I always try to get one on it. I just hope I don't get a scratch before my screen protector comes in.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

That sucks, OP. That's definitely a fear of mine.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That sucks! I have been toting mine since day one without a screen protector, still no scratches. I'm always wiping my screen on the leg of my jeans with at work, and I work at a paper mill, which is a pretty dirty enviroment. I always tote mine in front left pocket and keep keys and change in right pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29

Ouch! I feel for you because screen scratches drive me crazy. There's a lot of cell phone shops that replace screens. Shop around.

Yeah, don't trust the gorilla glass. It can be scratched.

Anyway, I hate scratches. Not just on the screen, but on the body as well. First day I got my Note 2, i bought an otterbox case and a anti-fingerprint screen protector. Screen is fine but earlier, when I decided to install a 32GB SDCard, I say scratches on the left side, an inch and a half from the volume keys. I went nuts. Do you guys know how to avoid scratches on phones? Coz I think cases dont work. (I may just be stupid though.)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zef05 View Post
    Do you guys know how to avoid scratches on phones? Coz I think cases dont work. (I may just be stupid though.)
    I agree most cases don't work when it comes to protecting against small scratches caused by dirt getting between them and the phone. Ibfinally decided to go without a case and just put a skin on the back to protect it from scratches when left on a table or desk. I went with a carbon fiber print from decal girl and actually like it more than having a case.

My case will still fit over it in case I'm going somewhere that I feel the need to use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 running CleanROM 3.5 w/MultiView and Perseus Alpha29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I already got scratches on my screen!!-uploadfromtaptalk1356516662685.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    zef05 
    zef05 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I agree most cases don't work when it comes to protecting against small scratches caused by dirt getting between them and the phone.
    Well that confirms it. I wanna install invisi shield to my note II but I think it will only go on the back cover and screen. No protection at all on the sides. I wish they can make an invisi shield covering every surface of your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I finally decided to go without a case and just put a skin on the back to protect it from scratches when left on a table or desk. I went with a carbon fiber print from decal girl and actually like it more than having a case.

My case will still fit over it in case I'm going somewhere that I feel the need to use it.

Too bad we don't have skins for phones here in the Philippines. I'm such an OC when it comes to my gadgets. I just hate to see then scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by zef05 View Post
    Too bad we don't have skins for phones here in the Philippines. I'm such an OC when it comes to my gadgets. I just hate to see then scratched.

No problem, order on line from zagg I live in Norway and that's what I do. Bit pricey but very cool, folk envy me good looking phone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12