Shirt pocket

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to us cellular to look at the note 2 and lived it but it was connected to a retractable cord to prevent theft. Couldn't see how it was in a dress shirt pocket. Width wise it was okay, but what about length?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem but trying to figure out if it would fit my jeans pocket... Since the device has not been even announced here and I got the international version, here's what I suggest: Go online, take the specs from the official Samsung site and make a cut out from a cardboard or something that won't bend (if you do it out of regular paper it won't feel the same and it tends to fold and contract rather easily). That's it! You take that cut out with you and you can test pocketabilty and even if it'll be easy to carry around in one hand without too much strain on your fingers. :)

That being said, unless your shirts are quite large, I doubt it'll fully fit into a shirt pocket... It will almost certainly stick out.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I tested that last night while I went to an event.... it fit in my dress shirt pocket but it would stick out cause it was tall... but that doesnt bother me at all... at least I have a beast of a phone... :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ya, the security devices can really get in the way when trying out the size of the Note 2.

When going into a store to check it out, ask an employee if they have either a dummy or a loose one that you can see. Just tell them you want to see how it fits in your pocket(s) so they don't think you're trying to steal it. Most likely, you're not be the first doing this to them, it's not uncommon at all for people to do this.

bretto13

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that it is similar in size to a checkbook (checkbook cover specifically). My checkbook is a bit taller, but it will give you a better idea if you have one to compare. Fits fine in shirt pocket, but will definitely stick out a bit.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought a cheap thin case off eBay just to get a relative feel for the size. You could do the same. I also did the cut out thing but the case just makes me feel like I'm that much closer to owning one. (Hopefully) I'll have something to put in the case tomorrow.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought a cheap thin case off eBay just to get a relative feel for the size. You could do the same. I also did the cut out thing but the case just makes me feel like I'm that much closer to owning one. (Hopefully) I'll have something to put in the case tomorrow.

tomorrow? did you order the international?