Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

Quote Originally Posted by Mwow View Post
    Well...I'm disappointed. Just got my Surface case today. Nice case and great grip. I noticed though that there's s pen interference at the bottom of screen where the kickstand is located on the back. When I'm using s note or the handwriting pad, writing is very choppy/inconsistent in that area. When I remove the case, or even use another case that I have, there's no problem there.
    Yea I posted about that earlier it has to do with the magnet the kickstand uses

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

Well that kind of suck and didn't Sedio said it doesn't interfere with the s-pen???

Well...I'm disappointed. Just got my Surface case today. Nice case and great grip. I noticed though that there's s pen interference at the bottom of screen where the kickstand is located on the back. When I'm using s note or the handwriting pad, writing is very choppy/inconsistent in that area. When I remove the case, or even use another case that I have, there's no problem there.
    Seriously? Just received my case today too. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Well that kind of suck and didn't Sedio said it doesn't interfere with the s-pen???
    They did but I guess they were wrong

Sent from my PC36100

Yeah, it's unfortunate 'cause I was looking for a standard case as a second case, and I really liked the look of this one. I guess I'll have to look for something else.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I just tested mt S-Pen with the surface case and didnt see or notice any interference around the stand area.

I have the active case on order do I need to try to stop it from coming ?
    Jerry

Damn I have just ordered this case from this store here! How can they launch a product without checking that it works properly! Words fail me! I know that mine has been shipped so is on it's way to the UK what a total waste of money I certainly won't be buying another of their products.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Maybe it was an isolated incident you guys should wait and see if it works if not try and return for a refund

Sent from my PC36100

I've got the active case and getting the note 2 today, will let everyone know if I notice interference.

The Nottinator
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #186  

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    Damn I have just ordered this case from this store here! How can they launch a product without checking that it works properly! Words fail me! I know that mine has been shipped so is on it's way to the UK what a total waste of money I certainly won't be buying another of their products.
    I apologize for the issues you all are having with the S Pen. We did thorough testing with both the ACTIVE and SURFACE case on the Note 2 to make sure the magnet did not interfere with the S Pen. In our testing, we did not notice any issues with this. However, I will forward this information on to product development to have them do some further testing.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Quote Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
    I just tested mt S-Pen with the surface case and didnt see or notice any interference around the stand area.
    My husband uses the Seidio Surface combo (purchased from AC w/a great discount!) and has had no interference whatsoever with his S-pen use.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I apologize for the issues you all are having with the S Pen. We did thorough testing with both the ACTIVE and SURFACE case on the Note 2 to make sure the magnet did not interfere with the S Pen. In our testing, we did not notice any issues with this. However, I will forward this information on to product development to have them do some further testing.
    @Seidioseidio I bought the Active case and am patiently waiting for my Note 2! But I mainly wanted to say thanks for addressing concerns on this forum regarding your products. Not a lot of companies would do that.

And I can just imagine the sh%*load of cellphone forums you guys must monitor on a daily basis!!!
    Thanked by:
    BRIVERS73 likes this.

Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

Well will seidio do any thing about this problem ? I wish that I could fine a leather vertical belt holster for the Sch R950 note 2.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry

Oh that's too bad!

Well I decided to order the Active case instead of the Surface. I'm hoping that the S-Pen interference doesn't happen with my case, otherwise I'll return it and get an Otterbox Commuter. Hopefully neither case makes the phone TOO bulky. I want some protection from drops but I don't want something ridiculously bulky like the Otterbox Defender series.

I should mention the rubber of the case is positively charged and attracts dust which irks me. Does anyone know how to solve this, washing doesn't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    Well I decided to order the Active case instead of the Surface. I'm hoping that the S-Pen interference doesn't happen with my case, otherwise I'll return it and get an Otterbox Commuter. Hopefully neither case makes the phone TOO bulky. I want some protection from drops but I don't want something ridiculously bulky like the Otterbox Defender series.
    Ya the phone is too big for a bulky case.

I just tested mine as well and had no problems having the pen register in the magnetic area. Maybe some defective cases are afloat

I wonder if the Pen issue might actually be the pen itself. I was reading in a few other threads over the past few weeks of people who had been having issues with what appears to be a defective pen itself. Some seemed to be more and some less sensitive than others.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
    I just tested mine as well and had no problems having the pen register in the magnetic area. Maybe some defective cases are afloat
    Go into note and slowly draw a line up and down around where that magnet is located.

When I first tried this I had no issues but after attempting it again there is definitely some interference going on but it seems to act sporadically. Sometimes I can write my name with no issues and other times the pen will skipped..

Quote Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
    When I first tried this I had no issues but after attempting it again there is definitely some interference going on but it seems to act sporadically. Sometimes I can write my name with no issues and other times the pen will skipped..
    Why in the world did Seidio put a magnet on the case that is a No N0.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry

How about prising the magnet off and replacing it with a bit of bluetack! Not ideal of course but what do you do I have this case on it's way to me now if I had known about the problem I wouldn't have ordered it and I live in the UK and it's shipping from the USA so sending it back isn't really worth it so I will be stuck with it and trying to sell it on somewhere!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast