Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 247
Like Tree39Likes
  1. #176  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwow View Post
    Well...I'm disappointed. Just got my Surface case today. Nice case and great grip. I noticed though that there's s pen interference at the bottom of screen where the kickstand is located on the back. When I'm using s note or the handwriting pad, writing is very choppy/inconsistent in that area. When I remove the case, or even use another case that I have, there's no problem there.
    Yea I posted about that earlier it has to do with the magnet the kickstand uses

    Sent from my PC36100
  2. #177  
    vNaK's Avatar

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Well that kind of suck and didn't Sedio said it doesn't interfere with the s-pen???
  3. #178  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwow View Post
    Well...I'm disappointed. Just got my Surface case today. Nice case and great grip. I noticed though that there's s pen interference at the bottom of screen where the kickstand is located on the back. When I'm using s note or the handwriting pad, writing is very choppy/inconsistent in that area. When I remove the case, or even use another case that I have, there's no problem there.
    Seriously? Just received my case today too. :-(


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. #179  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Well that kind of suck and didn't Sedio said it doesn't interfere with the s-pen???
    They did but I guess they were wrong

    Sent from my PC36100
  5. #180  
    Mwow's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Yeah, it's unfortunate 'cause I was looking for a standard case as a second case, and I really liked the look of this one. I guess I'll have to look for something else.
  6. #181  
    coolesnce's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    I just tested mt S-Pen with the surface case and didnt see or notice any interference around the stand area.
  7. #182  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    I have the active case on order do I need to try to stop it from coming ?
    Jerry
  8. #183  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Damn I have just ordered this case from this store here! How can they launch a product without checking that it works properly! Words fail me! I know that mine has been shipped so is on it's way to the UK what a total waste of money I certainly won't be buying another of their products.
  9. #184  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Maybe it was an isolated incident you guys should wait and see if it works if not try and return for a refund

    Sent from my PC36100
  10. #185  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    I've got the active case and getting the note 2 today, will let everyone know if I notice interference.

    The Nottinator
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #186  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwow View Post
    Well...I'm disappointed. Just got my Surface case today. Nice case and great grip. I noticed though that there's s pen interference at the bottom of screen where the kickstand is located on the back. When I'm using s note or the handwriting pad, writing is very choppy/inconsistent in that area. When I remove the case, or even use another case that I have, there's no problem there.
    Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Well that kind of suck and didn't Sedio said it doesn't interfere with the s-pen???
    Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    Damn I have just ordered this case from this store here! How can they launch a product without checking that it works properly! Words fail me! I know that mine has been shipped so is on it's way to the UK what a total waste of money I certainly won't be buying another of their products.
    I apologize for the issues you all are having with the S Pen. We did thorough testing with both the ACTIVE and SURFACE case on the Note 2 to make sure the magnet did not interfere with the S Pen. In our testing, we did not notice any issues with this. However, I will forward this information on to product development to have them do some further testing.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

    Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
  12. #187  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
    I just tested mt S-Pen with the surface case and didnt see or notice any interference around the stand area.
    My husband uses the Seidio Surface combo (purchased from AC w/a great discount!) and has had no interference whatsoever with his S-pen use.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
  13. #188  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I apologize for the issues you all are having with the S Pen. We did thorough testing with both the ACTIVE and SURFACE case on the Note 2 to make sure the magnet did not interfere with the S Pen. In our testing, we did not notice any issues with this. However, I will forward this information on to product development to have them do some further testing.
    @Seidioseidio I bought the Active case and am patiently waiting for my Note 2! But I mainly wanted to say thanks for addressing concerns on this forum regarding your products. Not a lot of companies would do that.

    And I can just imagine the sh%*load of cellphone forums you guys must monitor on a daily basis!!!
    Thanked by:
    BRIVERS73 likes this.
  14. #189  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

    Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

    Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Thanked by:
  15. #190  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

    Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

    Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Well will seidio do any thing about this problem ? I wish that I could fine a leather vertical belt holster for the Sch R950 note 2.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  16. #191  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

    Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

    Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    Oh that's too bad!
  17. #192  
    113
    113 is offline
    113's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Well I decided to order the Active case instead of the Surface. I'm hoping that the S-Pen interference doesn't happen with my case, otherwise I'll return it and get an Otterbox Commuter. Hopefully neither case makes the phone TOO bulky. I want some protection from drops but I don't want something ridiculously bulky like the Otterbox Defender series.
  18. #193  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    I should mention the rubber of the case is positively charged and attracts dust which irks me. Does anyone know how to solve this, washing doesn't fix it.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
  19. #194  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    Well I decided to order the Active case instead of the Surface. I'm hoping that the S-Pen interference doesn't happen with my case, otherwise I'll return it and get an Otterbox Commuter. Hopefully neither case makes the phone TOO bulky. I want some protection from drops but I don't want something ridiculously bulky like the Otterbox Defender series.
    Ya the phone is too big for a bulky case.
  20. #195  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Okay , got my note 2 today and put the active case on. As noted from an earlier poster when using the s pen there is interference.

    Right where the magnet is the phone won't pick up the pen but if I open the stand and leave it out there is no interference.

    Not a deal breaker for me but weird it wasn't picked up in all Seidio's testing.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
    I just tested mine as well and had no problems having the pen register in the magnetic area. Maybe some defective cases are afloat
  21. #196  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    I wonder if the Pen issue might actually be the pen itself. I was reading in a few other threads over the past few weeks of people who had been having issues with what appears to be a defective pen itself. Some seemed to be more and some less sensitive than others.
  22. #197  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
    I just tested mine as well and had no problems having the pen register in the magnetic area. Maybe some defective cases are afloat
    Go into note and slowly draw a line up and down around where that magnet is located.

    Sent from my Verizon Note 2, finally!
  23. #198  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    When I first tried this I had no issues but after attempting it again there is definitely some interference going on but it seems to act sporadically. Sometimes I can write my name with no issues and other times the pen will skipped..
  24. #199  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    Quote Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
    When I first tried this I had no issues but after attempting it again there is definitely some interference going on but it seems to act sporadically. Sometimes I can write my name with no issues and other times the pen will skipped..
    Why in the world did Seidio put a magnet on the case that is a No N0.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
  25. #200  

    Default Re: Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

    How about prising the magnet off and replacing it with a bit of bluetack! Not ideal of course but what do you do I have this case on it's way to me now if I had known about the problem I wouldn't have ordered it and I live in the UK and it's shipping from the USA so sending it back isn't really worth it so I will be stuck with it and trying to sell it on somewhere!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Melkco Premium Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
    By linksyk in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 09:53 PM
  2. Seidio Releases Innocell Plus Power Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
    By seidioseidio in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM
  3. New skins and cases for Samsung Galaxy S II available
    By bohogrovesdotcom in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 02:38 AM
  4. Wallet case for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic?
    By migglez in forum Epic 4G Touch Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions