Seidio Releases Cases for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [New Color Options Available]

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have the added bulk and know that my screen is protected on my phone then to not have the bulk and worry about dropping my phone and breaking my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously considering the active case, I am just worried about the added bulk.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Although I don't yet have the Note 2 (Verizon) I do have the active case for the Thunderbolt and the added bulk is far out weighed by the protection the case offers. It's about half the bulk of an Otterbox Defender case. I'm ordering the Seidio Active for the Note 2 shortly here.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just order seidio active case and holster for the Verizon note 2 and the phone hasn't even come out yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's partially why I am waiting to order from the AC store!!

I would to but the AC store charges me tax - the warehouse is in Florida too. But on the flip side, I get my stuff in a day. Seidio has the TW10 coupon code but their shipping irks me.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I would to but the AC store charges me tax - the warehouse is in Florida too. But on the flip side, I get my stuff in a day. Seidio has the TW10 coupon code but their shipping irks me.
I may just order direct from Seidio using the coupon code. It's coming down to a few dollars really but from the AC store, I wanted to order a few more things and hopefully get the free shipping.

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm really tempted but I am terrible at applying screen protectors lol...That is all of the reason I have always gone with either a defender or the old rugged series!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm really tempted but I am terrible at applying screen protectors lol...That is all of the reason I have always gone with either a defender or the old rugged series!

I am also terrible at applying screen protectors too but I've been watching some YouTube videos and there's some pretty easy and workable methods out there with tape and such.

I'm pretty stuck on the Spigen sgp protectors provided I can figure out which one I want.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
my case arrived today. fits great and is exactly what i wanted. The magnet in the kickstand does not seem to affect the screen. Call me very happy

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my ebay case that matches the style I had on my Evo for 2 years. Unfortunately it does not cover the corners as well on the GN2. The only issue I have now is what Seidio case to go with. The Surface is more in line with the cases I normally get and it will allow the phone to easily slide into and out of my pocket. However the Active seems like it would do a better job of adding grip surface to this giant phone.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What are the differences between the Surface and Active cases? I have the Convert with my S3 and dig that one.

If you have the CONVERT, then the first layer of that case is the SURFACE. The SURFACE Case is a one layered case that is made of plastic and has a soft touch coating on the outside. It has a felt lining on the inside of the case and adds just under 2.0 mm of thickness to your device.

The ACTIVE Case is a 2 layered case. The first layer is a silicone skin, and the second layer is a hard plastic skeleton. This case adds approximately 2.2 mm of thickness to your device.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you have the CONVERT, then the first layer of that case is the SURFACE. The SURFACE Case is a one layered case that is made of plastic and has a soft touch coating on the outside. It has a felt lining on the inside of the case and adds just under 2.0 mm of thickness to your device.

The ACTIVE Case is a 2 layered case. The first layer is a silicone skin, and the second layer is a hard plastic skeleton. This case adds approximately 2.2 mm of thickness to your device.

Which of the 2 cases will offer the least amount of wear and tear on the physical phone itself? I assume the active since the actual part that comes into contact with the phone is the rubber gel part. My body glove cases would always scratch my phone and wear down the plastic in a few spots.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the clarification. :D

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely love the Surface/Convert for my Galaxy S3. Definitely plan on a Seidio case for my Note II, when I get one....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Which of the 2 cases will offer the least amount of wear and tear on the physical phone itself? I assume the active since the actual part that comes into contact with the phone is the rubber gel part. My body glove cases would always scratch my phone and wear down the plastic in a few spots.

Neither of these cases should damage your device, but if you would like to be extra careful, the ACTIVE would probably be the best option for you because of the soft inner skin.

X1buellist

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Received the surface cover and holster. I love it. The inner area of the surface cover and the inner area of the holster are lined with a velvet type material.