If owning this phone STILL gives you something to whine about.....

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

i suggest you contact one of my relatives in New Jersey and see if they can offer you any sympathy....

i am in no way trying to insult ANYONE... But some of the "bellyaching" threads i have seen lately regarding a few missing features (recording option/multi view/ missing headphones is blowing my mind... All the typical complaints have been addressed, improved, and then some!

i mean come on, u got ur quad core processor, (Exynos NOT Snapdragon, i might add : ) ur "removable battery" an SD card slot, beautiful (NON pentile) display, GREAT camera, NFC, lonnnnnng battery life, LTE (U.S. Version), Excellent GPS, Removable bloatware, innovative & endless software upgrades, etc. etc. etc...

Makes me crazy (crazIER) when i see ppl losing perspective and finding the smallest detail to critisize, This phone is UNSTOPPABLE , : )

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't get it because NO svdo, I have a job where I have no wifi or lte(yes I know it can do svlte) many times I have only one bar for signal and am in very rural areas. I frequently use the Internet while on the phone for work and being able to talk while emailing pictures to the office saves a lot of time for me. I really wanted this phone to work because of the pen for making notes on pdf's and pictures.
I'm trying to find out if the international version can do it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am one of those whiners.... Multi window missing and update with no date for it? I'm sorry but this is advertised and a big selling feature for this phone. There is a difference between missing or accidental and "oops... never included"... So yes I will whine for this feature. If it was never talked about I wouldn't care but I already brought the phone and no one told me it was missing until I tried to use it and it couldn't function. Do I hate the phone? No... Will I return it? No... But false advertisement is not funny when you pay for something. After all if I didn't have the money to buy it... samsung would never say here is a free phone. As for your relatives in New Jersey... we all sympathize with them. But it's comparing apples to oranges. We can go on and on such as war in several countries, hunger in America, kids in the foster system, domestic violence and whatever. I'm sure that you sympathize with them as well but indeed it has never stopped you from whining for certain comforts in life that are unknown to us. At the end of the day it's a principle you do not advertise what is not included in a gadget.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
not necessarily.... I mean think about it, would you have rathered that the phone with held up in embargo or something while they sorted out a handful features that possibly 95 percent of people could care less about?

Personally I am very grateful that they released this phone sooner than later, II know for myself I am enjoying it to the hilt and not allowing 1 or 2 missing features to hinder my experience with it....

just sayin'....

:-*

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter about the device - people will whine and cry just to hear themselves whine and cry.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter about the device - people will whine and cry just to hear themselves whine and cry.

sometimes that's true BUT sometimes the things we say result in them gaining a "better perspective" and realizing the error of their ways... (that's what i shoot for : )

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I am enjoying the device, and the missing multi window feature has not stopped me from enjoying it. I will say it again it's the principle of things. Example: I could care less if my box didn't have headphones because normally these are not included with most phones. I can go out and buy a pair of headphones. But a feature on the phone that was never there to begin with... Sorry that's a big no no for me. And as Bossy said sometimes you have to say something so it will no longer become the norm of things... :)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

i suggest you contact one of my relatives in New Jersey and see if they can offer you any sympathy....

i am in no way trying to insult ANYONE... But some of the "bellyaching" threads i have seen lately regarding a few missing features (recording option/multi view/ missing headphones is blowing my mind... All the typical complaints have been addressed, improved, and then some!

i mean come on, u got ur quad core processor, (Exynos NOT Snapdragon, i might add : ) ur "removable battery" an SD card slot, beautiful (NON pentile) display, GREAT camera, NFC, lonnnnnng battery life, LTE (U.S. Version), Excellent GPS, Removable bloatware, innovative & endless software upgrades, etc. etc. etc...

Makes me crazy (crazIER) when i see ppl losing perspective and finding the smallest detail to critisize, This phone is UNSTOPPABLE , : )

Agreed, most of it has been addressed...multi-window for one.

Lack of AT&T headphones may seem smalltime, but is a big deal when you need to use it for calling (for long phone calls especially) and you don't have an S3/S2/Note1 headphone w/mic that will function just fine. Other carriers included them...other carriers also did NOT rebox the device and take out/not contract for the headphones. AT&T still charged us the same price as the other carriers.

Now, NONE of the carriers (US) noted headphones as being included, yet so far all except AT&T has provided them with the Samsung box, not some AT&T rebox.

THAT is the complaint, and it is a valid complaint. Not bellyaching.

So, yes, I agree...but, please don't lump in anything you hear as a 'complaint' without considering the rationale for each. One could say the same about this thread too! :)

LuvHorses

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate the whiners also, as lots of us still don't have our Preordered Note 2s!!! I'd take a Note 2 without multi/headphones then wait weeks to even own the Note 2

jaymars

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The included headphones are really bad anyway. I'd love if someone got the Apple headphones working completely. As of now, only pause and fast forward works.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
...but, please don't lump in anything you hear as a 'complaint' without considering the rationale for each. One could say the same about this thread too! :)

i think a lot of the "minor disappointments" might be "valid", but the point i'm making is some ppl (not sayin' you : ) allow themselves to dwell on "whats missing rather than "all that is present"...

It wasn't too long ago we were ONLY getting lacklustre, overhyped (Thunderbolt i'm lookin' @ u : ) sub par phones the carriers have previously charged us an arm & an a leg for, made us wait ridiculously long for, crippled the phones by removing "KEY" features from (SGS II i'm lookin' at you : ), that, as good as some of those phones MAY have been our had the potential to be, it seemed they ALWAYS were crippled in some way that prevented the user from having a good overall phone experience, sond all i'm saying is :

"FINALLY!!!", a phone that is "all its cracked up to be & delivered to us as it was designed to be"... and i, for one, am appreciative as all get out about it

;)

Last edited:

Steverl22

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
This is America....if you spent your hard earn money ($300-$700) on a cell phone and it has things you consider problems then let it be known. It blows my mind that people get upset if other people complain about things, if you see a complain topic and you cant add to it MOVE ALONG!

I have a complaint....why did at&t remove the headset out of this package? That to me is crazy! It doesn't effect me one bit, I have a really nice LG tone Bluetooth headset to go with my phone. But come the F on, I just coughed up $330 (after tax) and you take the headset out.

AaronSmart

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I completely disagree. Why even bring up New Jersey? There is no link there at all

And second, your pretty much saying that the phone is "good enough" and not to complain or ask for more? I don't know about you but I expect much better of a phone in a year or so and beyond, we should never be completely satisfied, as that's the point of capitalism at its finest and we should never be 100 percent satisfied or we will not advance beyond.

Your assumption would be the same if someone said to everyone 15 years ago that a moterola flip phone was the ideal phone, stop asking for more and be happy. What would that of done? We would all have star trek flip phones :)

I understand your logic on how we should enjoy what we have and we do. I dig my phone big time, it's my favorite phone and I have had many, but it won't be my best phone ever.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree. Why even bring up New Jersey? There is no link there at all

And second, your pretty much saying that the phone is "good enough" and not to complain or ask for more? I don't know about you but I expect much better of a phone in a year or so and beyond, we should never be completely satisfied, as that's the point of capitalism at its finest and we should never be 100 percent satisfied or we will not advance beyond.

Your assumption would be the same if someone said to everyone 15 years ago that a moterola flip phone was the ideal phone, stop asking for more and be happy. What would that of done? We would all have star trek flip phones :)

I understand your logic on how we should enjoy what we have and we do. I dig my phone big time, it's my favorite phone and I have had many, but it won't be my best phone ever.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Hi Aaron,

I bring up New Jersey because all the suffering going on there is heavily on my mind, and i can't help but equate how fortunate i feel to not only have all of my basic, essential needs met, but also my technological ones, thanx to the Galaxy Note II : )

Also, not sure if you are an Android Addict like myself, but if you have ever lusted after a device, waiting months & months, chasing every word written waiting for its top secret release only to have it FINALLY get here but be "hobbled at its knees" due to carrier intervention, you would know the frustration previous phone experiences have been wrought with.

In the case of the Note 2, of course i'm not saying its "perfect", as nothing really ever is (unless it was, "free of charge, came complete with free unlimited data and could morph itself every few weeks into the latest and greatest device") but i am saying it is UNEQUIVICALLY better than what we have been getting from the Nazi (if you'll forgive the expression) carriers in the past.

For me, i paid $229.00 just a year ago for the Samsung Galaxy Epic Touch II (that overpriced phone with its dumb name, LOS bug, horrible Spint Network was almost laughable) and when i think of the difference just 1 year and $70.00 has made i just cannot see the sense in looking at the negative (not that i can find any... :-*

lovemySGNoteII-1.jpg

Last edited:

OneDeepForLife

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Agreed I was very upset when I learned their was no multi Window that's was a big factor for buying it to me. I'm even more upset that my sleep/wake button stopped working not even 6 hours after I bought the phone. I mean something this expensive should last longer that that this is my first smasung phone and I'm very disappointed. I love this phone, and especially the big screen and the speed. Att assured me that I just got a faulty device and said I can return my current one so I'm gonna return it today and wait until best buy gets theirs so I can have better insurance on the phone that doesn't cost a fortune if the phone breaks.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Grrr.. a broken sleep wake button is a legitimate complaint... i meant the frivolous ones... (in my next life i am coming back as a "box of rocks" so i can blend in with my surroundings...lol)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2