1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [VIDEO] Galaxy Note Smart Dock Review

So I was lucky enough to borrow one of these from Samsung over the last few days, made a video. If you have questions I don't answer in the video ask quickly, as I have to return the dock to them very soon.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: [VIDEO] Galaxy Note Smart Dock Review

Is there a cheaper version of this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

This is the only device that can do simultaneous USB OTG and HDMI output, so if that is what you are after specifically, then no, there isn't a cheaper option.

Thanks for the review!
    I was not aware that you could use the PS3 controller for games.
    Still on the fence about the necessity of this dock for my personal use but I could see some people use this.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

That's pretty interesting, too bad about the rotation and the screen being on all the time.

Cool! It's good to see one in action. Been trying to get one for a few weeks. I've been wondering how that rotation is gonna work it docking only vertically. That rotation app is a great solution. I wish the widgets just resized in a more natural way though.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidmike View Post
    Cool! It's good to see one in action. Been trying to get one for a few weeks. I've been wondering how that rotation is gonna work it docking only vertically. That rotation app is a great solution. I wish the widgets just resized in a more natural way though.
    Yeah, shame that it doesn't rotate as it should when docked, but since you can fix it with an app that doesn't require Root its not too much of a biggie. I just learned there are some Root-required apps that can keep the phone running in the background but turn off the screen, will try that out today...

wow this is a great video. At first i thought a dock was impractical but after seeing this I can definitely see myself picking one up
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by MANdroidd View Post
    wow this is a great video. At first i thought a dock was impractical but after seeing this I can definitely see myself picking one up
    Thanks! Interesting to see that the video is persuading some people from people and encouraging others. Yay for informed choice I suppose!

Also, just tested the Root-required app Screen Standby - successfully lets you turn off the phone screen but keep using it on the external monitor

Hi, I found out that the Note 2 smart dock also works with the Note 3. Check out the video I found on youtube: