Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Does your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 overheat?

My Note ll got extremely hot while video taping for about 4min. When I realized how hot it was getting I shut it down till cool ! Anyone else have this problem?

The phone gets slightly warm if you are hardcore gaming. The battery gets a little warm when you charge it (so does every phone in the world tho). If it was getting warm and all you were doing was talking on the phone then I think your phone has an issue because simply talking on the phone without doing anything else is not very demanding on the soc.

It's just simply because of it's motherboard cpu placement which is on the top side..
    You will experience the very same problem with the galaxy S3 but near the home button..

clear up some memory and close the background apps. That'll usually do the trick. I've experienced that kind of heat and after clearing up memory the heat decreased.

I'm stream sirus radio for 9 to 10 hours per day Mon thru Friday and it remains cool.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

I do also face a similar problem, while making calls, my phone is getting hot,while using voip apps its very evident and fast, is dere any remedy for it, i
    t would be nice that if you could give me a solution
    ma mail id is [email address deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.

I have a similar situation for my Note 2 but it only gets hot while charging. So I just took it as a normal and didn't mind it. For me its not a problem, I hope. Lol

Sent by a Kiwi using a Galaxy Note 2! Kia Ora!

I use live wallpaper my phone doesn't get warm.

On a Note 2 blast.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Question Re: Does your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 overheat?

I was playing Chess just for 25 mins...I felt my note 2 was very warm near ear piece.later I removed battery n kept aside to cool.

Can any one tell is this problem due to 4.1.2 upgrade? Please someone help me here..

After streaming video for 10-15 minutes the top back of my Note 2 gets warm.

Ive been using my note2 for the past 3 weeks or so..what I've noticed is that the phone actually gets hot while chqrging through the ac adaptor...it however runs cool during usb charging. I'm curious if anybody else jas experienced the same..under normal operations like surfing, texting etc the phone hardly ever overheats even with multitasking..it does get slightly warm but thats hardly a concern with the processor it has..as a first time android user, it's been a wondeeful experience till now! !!

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 1.28.401.9

My N2 only gets a bit warm when playing a high demand game while charging.

Blasted from the Galaxy Note 2 your screen

My GN2 only gets warmish when I am playing larger games like Hungry Shark Evolution. Otherwise, it's cool as a cucumber.

Yes! Mine has just started to do that. Not only has it been getting ridiculously hot the battery now doesn't even fully charge. I've read of people having the same problem. The weird part is its not my battery getting hot but the top of the phone. My phone gets hot doing nothing. I feel like Samsung knows what's going on but keeping quiet hoping it will pass. My carrier wanted to charge me 50 bucks just to look at it yet I just got it. In my opinion I I hope I do get burned nobody seems to want to help without charging me up the **** so screw it the note 2 WAS amazing now just another disposable product

Hello there got my note 2 as well for like 4 months now iv been playin real racing today and I noticed the phone got hot near the camera olso I had the gs2 I had to cell it right away it was getting frikin hot as hell when I browse so I thing this is a samsung situation I love samsung phones im not sayin that the phones are not good but oslo my friends have this kind of problem as well iv tried every thing changed the battrey, give it a factoey dara reset, I deleted several applications and still having this kind of problem.

yes omg i was playing a car racing game for 5 mins and the upper right corner was boiling hot.....very vety hot...only had my phone for 2 days

All those s saying you phone runs fine. Stop bullting. This is a common problem with samsung. I have the firat generation of the note and it startes overheating, then turning off, then out of battery. And i restored my phonw and i am experiencing the same problem, i believe that it is the battery heating the plastic back of the phone. Causing a reaction to the upper part of the phone. I am very disappointed in samsung.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Mine only gets hot when running gps. Other than that I run netflix for Hours on end and it doesn't get hot. Maybe it had something to do with games.

Maybe someone should attempt to get the same result in airplane mode to rule out the radios
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 03-26-2013 at 04:25 AM.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Hii.
    I face exactly the same problem . It gets overheated near the earpiece area. Also along with it the battery drains very quickly. This problem arised after 2 months sinceu purchased.pls let me knw

It does get warm pretty easily, particulary as others have said when charging and in use. If its hot just doing calls you have an issue somewhere be it in apps or background services - turn off wifi/mobile data/GPS/screen brightness if not in use and enable the CPU power saving options, that'll keep it cool and easy to hold. I've been messing around with a bitcoin mining app (because its there!) and if I use the maximum settings while charging the Note 2 quickly becomes a bit too hot to handle. Likewise if intensive gaming and charging.

It proved a very nice handwarmer during the winter - probably the best built-in feature and the apple groupies I call my co-workers were envious. Lack of a CPU temprature sensor does bug me - running the Note 2 at high temprature constantly is going to cause it to fail a bit sooner than it would otherwise, hard to tell if its getting critically hot inside or if the stock case is just good at absorbing the heat.

I run sirius /xm for 9 hours straight everyday and have never had a heat issue.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

Hi,
    I ma also facing d same prob. But its not only Real Racing 3 game. Its also while I surf on google chrome, while playing other games too.
    Its been jus a week I bought dis fone. Previouly I had been using ifone for almost 6 years. I never faced heating problems except sometimes while charging. Plzz suggest if I shud exchange the fone or it is d common prob with samsung?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    I ma also facing d same prob. But its not only Real Racing 3 game. Its also while I surf on google chrome, while playing other games too.
    Its been jus a week I bought dis fone. Previouly I had been using ifone for almost 6 years. I never faced heating problems except sometimes while charging. Plzz suggest if I shud exchange the fone or it is d common prob with samsung?

I bought note 2 one month before I have same heating problem.. I noticed while doing mobile charging and while doing browsing its getting over heat on upper part of my mobile. If i get a call on that time.I cant even keep my mobile near to my ear even i cant touch that part because of heat. I gave service centre they said no issues. But I put my sim and I did browsing infront of them for 10 mins and shown that problem. They told me to change my sim card. I changed my sim but still same issue. I dont think heating problem because of apps bcz note 2 is for to use all apps.if its not then no meaning to buy this mobile to spending much money on this mobile.. need to find solution for this issue..
    In Samsung website there is a CEO mail id who are all having problem will send a mail to that id..if they receive many mail they should take action...service centre people not even bothering our issues. .bcz we have to run for everything bcz we spent our money....

Even I am also facing same problem.. It's just one week old. It's burning sensation when I tried attend a call..
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

In the first few days there is a lot of syncing which may cause it. Check which account automatically sync and what do they sync
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast