1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Sleep Wake up Lag....

Anyone else here experience a second or 2 second lag when waking up device? I don't even have a lock screen on.
    Either button and slow wake up.
    Canadian rogers note 2

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Default Re: Sleep Wake up Lag....

About a second, it was mentioned in reviews that it wasn't instant on like some phones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Snap! I'm Relieved to know im not only one

It was like that on the S2, but the Note 2 wakes up faster. The S2 could get very laggy waking up. Is it like that on the S3?

Try this -

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Oh yea. Tried everything. I'm only complaining it's not an instant wake up. That's all. Takes a whole second or two. Not cool

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

A real second is a fairly long time, I don't think mine has ever been over one whole second. That guys tips in the video did help a bit it seems. I didn't use those things much anyway.

As I understand it, the lag is a result of a deep sleep feature on Samsung phones to preserve batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by brava27 View Post
    Anyone else here experience a second or 2 second lag when waking up device? I don't even have a lock screen on.
    Either button and slow wake up.
    Canadian rogers note 2

Thanks

My button don't even work anymore it went out not even 6 hours after I bought it, I hope I have better luck with the replacements hopefully no defects. When I first got it I noticed the button was very unresponsive and I thought it was weird but than the button just went out. I I can't put the phone to sleep I can't turn the phone off nothin. I hope your phone doesn't suffer have the same problem that mine did and if it does break hope ur still in warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    As I understand it, the lag is a result of a deep sleep feature on Samsung phones to preserve batteries.
    If that's keeping my phone 'alive' after 9 hours of screen-on time, then a 2-second delay on waking up is NOT a big deal for me...
    ayg

Turn off the S-Voice wakeup phrase. That was the slow down on mine and immediately sped it back up after I turned it off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

It's a super bummer, but apparently this is a result of the Exynos processor. Here's an explanation:

To be more detailed: It seems to be specific to how Samsung wires up the modem interfaces of Exynos devices. On Exynos4 devices, they're always hung off of HSIC (a variant of USB) buses. Since HSIC is based on USB, it has the same slow suspend/resume of USB. Almost all Exynos3 devices hung the modem off of a serial port if I recall correctly, and these devices could suspend/resume much faster. If you look at a resume sequence, there are huge time gaps, and after the first 200-300 msec, almost all resume activity is modem stuff.

The only solution, unless someone figures out a way to make the HSIC resume faster (I'm not messing with it, I have enough trouble getting it not to drop the bus randomly!!!!!!!), is to inhibit deep sleep with a wakelock - but this will be bad for battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    I don't mean to necro-post, but I just did a test with two devices, because the issue was bothering me as well, and it turns out, it is indeed the powersaving feature. If you turn it on you will see a significant delay when turning on the device. If you disable it, it turns on much faster, but you obviously lose the benefits of powersaving.